NEET 2020 Results: The NEET 2020 results are expected to be released today. The results were expected to be announced before October 12. The Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal had also said that the results will be announced soon.
Qualified candidates can then proceed to apply for NEET counselling which is conducted by the Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). There are three rounds including a mop-up round which is organised if seats are left vacant. This round is done deemed/ central university and ESIC college admissions.
Counselling under the 15% AIQ will include government colleges (except those in Jammu and Kashmir), central and deemed Universities, seats reserved for Wards of Insured Persons (IP quota) in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) medical colleges, and seats available at the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Pune.
Whereas state authorities will conduct counselling for the 85% state quota seats in government and private dental, and medical colleges.
To qualify for All India Quota (AIQ) counselling, candidates will have to score above the minimum cut-off. According to a report by the Indian Express, for general category it is the 50th percentile for general category candidates, for SC / ST / OBC it is the 40th percentile for and for and for PwD candidates it is 45th percentile. Based on the AIQ around 15 percent of the qualifying candidates will be called for the counselling.
For counselling candidates will have to:
- Register on the official website mcc.nic.in by filling the required details such as academic results, contact, etc.
- Candidates will have to pay non-refundable registration and a refundable tuition fee. The registration fee for the General category is Rs. 1000, while that for SC/ST/OBC, it is Rs. 500.
- After this candidates can proceed to select their preferred colleges and course.
- These choices will be used for seat allotment depending on the rank, reservation criteria, etc.
- After a sat is allotted the candidate will have to report to the college on or before the given date and time
Some of the important documents that will be required include
- Rank Letter
- Certificates and marksheets of Class 10 and Class 12
- Birth certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Identity proof (Aadhaar/ PAN/ Passport),
- Provisional allotment letter generated on-line
- Admit card issued for the examination
- Residential proof (state counselling )