SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE SUCH FREE QUIZ/ARTICLE
MASTER CIRCULAR ON INSTRUCTIONS GOVERNING PROMOTION FROM GROUP ‘C’ TO GROUP ‘B’
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
( RAILWAY BOARD)
MASTER CIRCULAR ON
INSTRUCTIONS GOVERNING PROMOTION FROM GROUP ‘C’ TO GROUP ‘B’
(For Official use solely)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
- E (GP) 2007/2/25 New Delhi, dt. 30-03-2007
The General Manager,
All Indian Railways & Production Units and so on.
Sub: Consolidated directions governing promotion from Group ‘C’ to Group ‘B’
At current the orders referring to promotion from Group ‘C’ (Non- Gazetted) to Group ‘B’ (Gazetted) posts in numerous Departments of Indian Railways are contained within the Recruitment Rules for the involved Departments, Chapter-II – Section ‘A’ of the Indian Railway Establishment Manual (IREM) Vol. I and in plenty of Orders/circulars issued by the Board every now and then. The query of consolidation of the orders/circulars has been beneath the consideration of the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) and accordingly these consolidated directions are issued for the data and steering of all involved. While referring to this Circular, the unique letter referred to therein ought to be learn for correct appreciation and in case of doubt, the unique letter ought to be relied upon as authority.
- Since solely the necessary directions on the topic have been included on this Master Circular, some directions won’t have discovered place herein. Instruction contained in circulars not included within the Master Circular, shouldn’t be deemed to have been superceded merely due to their non-inclusion.
(V. VAIDEHI) DIRECTOR/ESTT. (GP) RAILWAY BOARD
METHOD OF FILLING UP THE VACANCIES IN GROUP ‘B’
1.1 The vacancies in Group ‘B’ posts are stuffed by promotion on the premise of Selection of eligible Group ‘C’ staff and likewise on the premise of Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE), the place relevant. Where the scheme of LDCE is in pressure, choice is held to fill 70% of the vacancies and LDCE is held to fill the remaining 30% of the vacancies.
(Para 201.1 of IREM and No.E(GP)92/2/93 dated 3/11/1992)
1.2. The scheme of LDCE for the promotion from Group ‘C’ to Group ‘B’ is in pressure within the following Departments:
Civil Engineering Electrical Engineering S&T Engineering Mechanical Engineering
Traffic (Transportation & Commercial) Accounts
(No.E(GP)76/2/96 dated 3.6.1977
E(GP)76/2/96 dated 3.8.1977
E(GP)86/2/61 dated 10/1/1990)
2. UNIFIED SELECTIONS WITHIN A DEPARTMENT
- A unified Selection ought to be held for the Group ‘B’ posts within the completely different branches inside a Department and one panel ought to be drawn for the division as a complete. The workers of the drawing workplace can be clubbed with the workshop stream. The Group ‘B’ posts of Chief Yard Master, Assistant Traffic Manager, Area Officer and Station Supdt. Should be handled as posts of Operating
- In the T (T&C) and Mechanical Departments, separate picks for the Group ‘B’ posts in every of the next streams have been launched in 1983/1991 respectively:-
Mechanical Engineering Depatt. Traffic (T&C) Deptt.
- Carriage & Wagon Commercial
- Loco (Open Line) Operating
However, for picks initiated after 31.1.2006 unified picks are to be held in these two departments additionally.
No. E(GP)2002/2/88 dated 31/1/2006) Clarifications in respect of stream-wise picks initiated earlier than concern of Board’s orders dated 31.1.2006
- Selections to completely different streams inside a Department are to be finalized concurrently to the extent as could also be administratively potential, with a view to safeguard the pursuits of the officers who’re chosen to Group ‘B’ posts within the completely different streams, in issues of seniority for promotion to Group ‘A’/Junior scale and to Senior Scale (adhoc).
E(GP)82/2/120 dated 24.12.1983
- Selection for promotion to Group ‘B’ posts within the completely different streams of Mechanical Engineering and Transportation (T&C) departments ought to be held concurrently so far as potential. For drawing the seniority of the Group ‘B’ officers empanelled stream clever for his or her absorption in Group ‘A’ service/for his or her adhoc promotion to Sr.Scale, following ideas ought to be adopted:
- the place appointments to Group ‘B’ are made on completely different dates, the date of appointment, which can govern the extent of non- fortuitous service, will kind the premise for figuring out the mixed
- If appointment to Group ‘B’ posts, within the completely different streams are made out of one and the identical date, the seniority of such Group ‘B’ officers for functions of additional development can be decided on the premise of their relative seniority in Group ‘C’, with out disturbing the inter-se seniority of the officers of every stream.
E(GP)84/1/7 dated 22.9.1984
3. Frequency of holding Selection/Limited Departmental Competitive Examination
- Selections together with LDCE for promotion to Group ‘B’ posts, ought to be held as soon as each two years. Where attributable to unexpected developments, resembling creation of latest posts, upgradation and so on. the panel will get exhausted and the biennial choice is away by greater than 6 months, a contemporary choice could also be held. The want for conducting such picks ought to, nonetheless, be uncommon and due care ought to be taken in figuring out the vacancies for the traditional biennial The whole means of
choice from evaluation of vacancies to publishing the panel ought to be accomplished, so far as potential, inside a interval of Four months.
(Para 201.2 of IREM & No.E(GP)78/2/101 dated 23.1.79)
- To be sure that picks are held biannually with out fail, the work ought to be unfold out evenly in order to cowl half of the departments within the first yr and the remainder of the departments within the following yr and the cycle repeated. The numerous processes linked with the picks ought to be commenced adequately prematurely, in order that the schedule for holding the choice shouldn’t be disturbed. For this objective, an appropriate calendar could also be drawn relying on the place on every Railway and the work monitored intently to make sure that the schedule shouldn’t be tripped. The work on this regard ought to be reviewed periodically on the degree of CPO. Ad-hoc preparations in Group ‘B’ ought to usually not be resorted
(No.E(GP)87/2/72 dated 11.1.1988)
- LDCE, for filling up the vacancies for LDCE within the numerous Departments, can be held in the identical yr during which the 70% choice is held in that Department. In sequence, the LDCE ought to observe the corresponding
- The discover for LDCE ought to be issued together with the discover issued for the 70% choice, with the indication that the dates for the LDCE can be introduced
- The date for figuring out eligibility to be fastened for the LDCE ought to be the identical because the one fastened for the 70%
- The variety of vacancies to be stuffed on the premise of Selection/LDCE ought to be talked about within the discover for the data of the
- Where attributable to disputes in courts of Law, the LDCE equivalent to the choice, which has been held, can’t be processed, particular efforts ought to be made to get the case determined earlier than subsequent choice turns into due.
- Where the Court case entails time and earlier than it’s prone to be determined, subsequent choice turns into due and is administratively needed, a proposal ought to be despatched to Board’s workplace with private approval of the General Manager who will, earlier than approving of the proposal, overview the place of the court docket case and fulfill himself that every one
potential steps had been taken by the Administration to result in an early finalization of the case within the court docket.
(No.E(GP)76/2/96 dated 3.6.1977
E(GP)79/2/101 dated 18.6.1985)
4. COMPOSITION OF SELECTION COMMITTEE
- Selection Committee can be constituted beneath the orders of the General Manager for the aim of creating suggestions to him in respect of Group ‘C’ workers thought of appropriate for promotion to Group ‘B’.
(Para 202.1 of IREM)
- The Selection Committee ought to consist of three Heads of Department together with the Chief Personnel Officer and the Head of the Department involved or as has been offered for within the related Recruitment Rules. The Senior Deputy General Manager or the CVO of the Vigilance organizations shouldn’t be nominated to serve on the Committee. If not one of the officers constituting the Departmental Promotion Committee belongs to both Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe, a fourth officer belonging to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe holding the rank not decrease than the Junior Administrative Grade could also be
(Para 202.1 of IREM)
- SDGM could also be nominated on the Selection Committee for promotion to higher-grade posts within the branches beneath his direct management. In Production Units the place there is no such thing as a submit of SDGM, the HOD nominated to perform as Chief Vigilance Officer, will even equally be related to Selection Committees for number of staff for promotion to larger grades in departments beneath his direct
(No.E(GP)79/2/40 dated 1.9.1979)
- In circumstances the place no SC/ST is out there inside the Department/Railway itself, efforts ought to be made to search out one SC/ST officer of applicable degree from the close by zonal Railway or another Railway or Production unit. In case an SC/ST officer continues to be not accessible, efforts ought to be made to search out an SC/ST officer of applicable standing from a Department apart from a Railway Department. If in any case it’s not potential to incorporate a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe officer within the DPC whether or not by nomination or co-option, the explanations ought to be recorded in
(No.81/E(SCT)15/32 dated 4.6.1981)
5. Assessment of Vacancies
- There ought to be a sensible evaluation of the vacancies in order that there is no such thing as a extensive variation between the evaluation and the precise vacancies present plus these anticipated to materialize positively in the course of the foreign money of the panel. The evaluation of vacancies ought to be primarily based on vacancies already present plus vacancies attributable to come up on account of new posts/extra posts for which proposals have been processed much less the vacancies which might be stuffed by officers who return from deputation/lengthy go away
(No.E(GP)79/2/74 dated 15.2.1980)
- Quite usually, the panel framed by the Railways are exhausted lengthy earlier than the expiry of two years and contemporary picks must be initiated. Keeping this in view as additionally the consideration that the Zone of consideration mustn’t grow to be very giant, it has been determined that the prevailing and anticipated vacancies for 2 years ought to be assessed making an allowance for the vacancies in common cadre (each everlasting and momentary), as additionally within the development and work-charged cadre/posts as a substitute of proscribing to the ‘Construction reserve’
(No.E(GP)87/2/72 dated 22/10/91)
5.3. To the evaluation thus made, the vacancies arising within the subsequent 6 months could also be included for unanticipated vacancies. The earlier provision of together with 30% of cadre power to the assessed vacancies is discontinued.
(E(GP)2005/2/61 dated 14 /9/2006)
- The circumstances for eligibility for consideration for promotion to Group ‘B’ posts, by regular choice in addition to LDCE, the place relevant, are prescribed within the related Recruitment Rules. The following additional directions have been issued on the
6.1.1 Cut off date for reckoning eligibility for Group ‘B’ choice.
The date of graduation of emptiness interval ought to be taken because the minimize off date for figuring out the eligibility of candidates for showing in picks (each 70% and 30% LDCE) in opposition to the vacancies to be stuffed within the mentioned interval.
(E(GP)2005/2/42 dated 21.9.2005)
Selection for 70% of vacancies
6.2.1 For the choice Group ‘C’ staff working in grade the minimal of which is Rs.5000/- and in larger Group ‘C’ grades can be eligible for consideration offered they’ve rendered not lower than three years of non-fortuitous service within the grade.
(No.E(GP)99/2/22 dated 22.7.2004)
6.2.2. Only these staff who’ve put in a minimal of three years of non-fortuitous service within the Grade Rs.5500-9000 and above are eligible for picks in opposition to 70% of vacancies of Assistant Personnel Officer.
(No.E(GP)99/2/22 dated 18.11.2004)
6.2.3 Railway School academics belong to a separate cadre of railway colleges and, as such, they’re not eligible to be thought of for the Group ‘B’ submit of Assistant Personnel Officer.
(No.E(GP)88/2/54 dated 8.7.93)
6.2.4. If a junior worker is taken into account for 70% choice by advantage of his satisfying the related minimal service circumstances, all individuals senior to him shall be held to be eligible, however the place that they don’t fulfill the requisite minimal service situation. This provision shouldn’t be relevant to LDCE.
(Para 203.2 of IREM and provisions in related recruitment guidelines)
6.3.1. For LDCE, all Group ‘C’ staff working in grade the minimal of which is Rs.5000/- and in larger Group ‘C’ grades can be eligible for consideration offered they’ve rendered not lower than 5 years of non- fortuitous service within the grade.
(No.E(GP)99/2/22 dated 22.7.2004)
6.4. Law Assistants/Chief Law Assistants are eligible for promotion to the submit of APO or ACM along with their regular avenue of promotion to the submit of ALO/Estate Officer and so on. relying upon the choice they train. The choice will be exercised after an worker will get chosen to any of the gazetted cadre. Such an choice ought to be exercised inside 30 days of the results of the choice/LDCE by the worker in writing and choice as soon as exercised ought to be handled as last.
(No.E(NG)II/87/PO/Genl/Eight dated 23.6.89
No.E(GP)88/2/54 dated 31.1.92)
6.5 The Ministerial staff of Traffic & Commercial division, shops Department, Statistical and Compilation department, Cash & Pay Time workplace workers, Stenographers as additionally Ministerial staff in different departments who don’t have an avenue of promotion to Group ‘B’ posts in their very own departments have been offered an avenue to the submit of APO. Such staff ought to be given the chance to train choice for promotion inside one month of the results of the Selection/LDCE and the choice as soon as exercised ought to be handled as last. The Panel could also be saved as provisional until the choice is lastly exercised inside one month. However, if worker after getting empanelled opts out, the subsequent certified candidate ought to be positioned on the panel with the approval of the competent authority duly observing the principles and orders for reservation of vacancies for SC/ST candidates and thereafter last panel ought to be revealed.
(No.E(GP)92/2/9 dated 25/3/1992)
7. Fixation of Group’B’ cadre for promotions from Group ‘C’ to Group’B’:
Group ’B’ cadre power in every of the Eight main departments ought to be fastened by adopting the next percentages on the mixed cadre power of Jr. Scale/Group’B’ in every Department, as on 01.04.2005:
|Department||Percentage of Group’B’
(These percentages are w.r.t. the revised Junior Scale (Group ‘A’) cadre power as on 01.04.2005 for the respective departments)
- If, in any division, the full variety of Group ‘B’ officers working in opposition to the posts of Asstt. An officer is greater than the Group ‘B’ cadre power so fastened, the roster ought to be expanded and operated accordingly until such time the surplus quantity is labored off in
(No.E(GP)2005/2/61 dated 22/11/2005)
8. ZONE OF CONSIDERATION FOR SELECTION FOR 70% VACANCIES
- The area of consideration of eligible staff can be decided as beneath:
No. of vacancies No. of staff to be thought of
Four or extra 3 times the variety of vacancies.
- If SC/ST staff will not be accessible for consideration in opposition to reserved vacancies, the sector could also be prolonged to five occasions the variety of vacancies and solely the SC/ST staff and never others coming inside the prolonged area ought to be
(Para 203.Four of IREM No.E(GP)81/1/18 dated 9.4.1981)
- SC/ST staff, who’re empanelled in opposition to the reserved vacancies from out of the prolonged zone, can be positioned within the panel in accordance with their gradations and
(No.E(GP)81/1/18 dated 9.4.1981
No.E(GP)81/1/18 dated 25.7.1983)
- If within the area decided by making use of the sliding scale the variety of SC staff accessible doesn’t correspond to three occasions the variety of vacancies reserved for them, the sector could also be prolonged for SC candidates solely to five occasions the variety of complete vacancies. Similarly, if the ST candidates will not be accessible equal to a few occasions the variety of vacancies reserved for them, the sector could also be prolonged for ST candidates solely to five occasions the variety of complete vacancies. If each SC and ST candidates will not be accessible corresponding to three occasions the variety of vacancies reserved for them, then the sector ought to be prolonged to five occasions the variety of vacancies each for SC/ST
(No.E(GP)81/1/18 dated 4.9.1982)
- Where the zone has essentially to be enlarged to 5 occasions the variety of vacancies for the aim of contemplating SC/STs (and never the others), it can naturally end result within the variety of staff within the zone being greater than the quantity obtained by making use of the sliding scale. In such a scenario it is not going to be appropriate to exclude the corresponding quantity
of normal group candidates from inside the regular zone, as it can deprive the chance legitimately attributable to them.
Selection for submit of APO
(No.E(GP)81/1/18 dated 29. 9.1981)
- In regard to picks for promotion to Group ‘B’ posts within the Personnel Department all staff who’re eligible and who volunteer for the choice ought to be thought of, with none limitation of
(Para 203.Eight of IREM No.E(GP)81/1/18 dated 9.4.1981)
- For the viva-voce check, profitable candidates to the extent of six occasions the variety of vacancies ought to be known as strictly within the order of marks
E(GP)81/1/18 dated 26/29.9.1981)
- If the sector constituted as per the sliding scale consists of staff who had failed twice within the earlier picks, a corresponding variety of extra staff ought to be known as for the choice, e.g. if the filed consists of 15 staff for choice in opposition to 5 vacancies and it consists of, say three staff who had appeared earlier in choice twice and failed, three extra eligible staff as per seniority ought to be included within the
(No.E(GP)85/1/78 dated 10.9.1986)
- The discover issued for the Selection, in addition to containing the names of eligible staff constituting the sector, ought to include a reserve listing carrying the names of additional eligible staff with the indication that the later can be known as for the written examination within the occasion of drop out of staff constituting the
- Employees constituting the sector ought to be suggested individually of the proposed choice with the clear stipulation, that they need to on receipt of the discover, advise their willingness/unwillingness to take the choice. For this objective, every particular person discover ought to have a counterfoil, which ought to be returned by the staff inside a fortnight of receipt indicating willingness or unwillingness to take the choice. The discover ought to carry a transparent indication that it’s the staff’ accountability to advise his/her wiliness/ unwillingness to take the choice and failure to reply or present the intimation inside the interval allowed can be handled as unwillingness on his/her half to take the Depending on the
place of unwillingness reported or non-receipt of any intimation, staff from the reserve listing ought to be known as to the extent needed for taking the choice.
- Such staff who neither seem for the written examination nor point out their unwillingness ought to be handled as having availed of a possibility for objective of the directions contained in Para 1 (ii) of Board’s letter No.E(GP)85/1/78 dated 9.1986.
- Every effort ought to be made to make sure that variety of staff taking the choice corresponds the sector with none
(No.E(GP)87/2/72 dated 11.1.1988)
9. INTERGRATED SENIORITY OF EMPLOYEES BELONGING TO DIFFERENT STREAMS/SENIORITY UNITS FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROMOTION TO GROUP ‘B’ POSTS
- Where staff from the completely different streams are eligible to seem for the choice, their built-in seniority for the aim of the choice ought to be decided on the premise of complete size of non-fortuitous service rendered in grade Rs.6500-10500 and above. In different phrases the date of appointment to grade Rs. 6500-10500 on a non-fortuitous foundation would be the criterion.
(Para 203.5 of IREM) No.E(GP)88/2/46 dated 22.12.1988)
- In figuring out the built-in seniority of staff coming from the assorted streams, the inter-se seniority of staff inside every stream ought to be
(No.E(GP)81/2/87 dated 28.5.1983)
- In regard to dedication of seniority as regards to the place occupied by SCs/STs, who’re appointed in opposition to reserved vacancies, it could occur that as per the traditional process of assigning seniority, an SC/ST officer by advantage of getting posted as per roster level, could depress the seniority of normal group staff with longer years of service, who’re in any other case senior and will have been positioned on the panel however for the vacancies having to be reserved for SCs/STs. In such circumstances the next process ought to be
9.3.1 In the case of choice posts, the SC/ST staff on the panel ought to be credited with the size of service of the overall group candidates instantly under them on the panel. However, in circumstances
the place SC/ST staff are positioned on the backside of the panel however promoted earlier to the seniors in opposition to reserved posts, their size of service ought to be the identical as of the staff positioned instantly above them on the panel.
9.3.2. In the case of non-selection posts, the size of service ought to be reckoned from the date of appointment.
(No.E(GP)88/2/46 dated 22.12.1988 and 31.8.1989)
10. SELECTION PROCEDURE
- Selection of candidates for empanelment relies on a written check to adjudge the skilled means, viva-voce and evaluation of data by the Selection
(Para 204.1 of IREM)
- The following process ought to be adopted within the written checks, viva-voce and analysis of file of
(A) WRITTEN TEST
Prescribed papers Max. Marks Qualifying Marks
Professional Paper-I 150
(Professional topics and Genl. Knowledge)
Professional Paper-II 150
(Professional topics and Estt. & Financial Rules)
NOTE (i) Out of 150 marks, the questions referring to skilled topic will carry not less than 100 marks in every paper.
- In case of Accounts Department Paper-I’ll cowl General Knowledge & English and topics of Paper II (A) circulated beneath Board’s orders dated 3.8.77 and Paper-II will cowl the topics of Papers II(B) and III of Board’s letter dated
3.8.77 as clarified in Board’s letter No.78-ACIII/20/49 dated 9.9.78.
- Apart from the minimal qualifying marks said above, there can be no separate minimal qualifying marks for any
Prescribed papers Max. Marks Qualifying Marks
One paper on Professional 150 90
Subject and Estt. and Financial Rules
Remarks: Out of 150 marks; the skilled topic will carry atleast 100 marks.
NOTE i) In the case of S&T Department, the portion referring to skilled topic shall be equally divided between (i) Mechanical, Signaling and Land Line communications and (ii) Electrical Signaling and Wireless communication as per the directions contained in Board’s letter No.E(GP)79/2/25 dated 4.5.79 and the syllabus circulated therewith shall be adopted.
(B) RECORD OF SERVICE AND VIVA VOCE
(Both for choice and LDCE)
Max. Marks Qualifying Marks
- Viva-voce 25
- Record of service 25
30 (together with not less than 15 marks within the file of service)
(E(GP)88/2/111 dated 20.8.1991)
- The query paper for the written check for Selection (for 70% vacancies) ought to have a sensible bias i.e. it ought to be designed to check the power of candidates to deal with the sensible issues they’re prone to face fairly than their theoretical data. Therefore, no syllabus has been prescribed for the written examination besides the written examination for the submit of Assistant Personnel Officer and the Railways relying on the native circumstances/practices ought to set the
(Para 204.2. of IREM)
- Ten p.c of the full marks allotted for testing the skilled means ought to be set aside for query on official language coverage and official language guidelines. In the case of LDCE, query on official language coverage and Rules ought to be included within the paper on General Knowledge. While the staff ought to be inspired to aim the questions on official language coverage and official language guidelines, the questions shouldn’t be obligatory. Questions of official language coverage and guidelines could also be set by or in session with the Mukhya Raj Bhasha Adhikari.
(Para 204.3. and 204.4. of IREM
No.Hindi-81/OL-14/12 dated 14.1.82)
10.5 No moderation of efficiency is permissible.
(Para 204.5 of IREM)
- Personality, Address and Qualities of Leadership ought to be assessed on the viva-voce check. In case written check shouldn’t be held for adjudging skilled means this must also be assessed on the viva-voce via query with a sensible
(Para 204.6. of IREM)
- Marks for file of service ought to be given on the premise of Confidential Reports and related service data. Integrity of character ought to obtain particular
(Para 204.7 of IREM)
11. ASSESSMENT OF RECORD OF SERVICE
- Assessment ought to be primarily based on confidential studies for the final 5
- Marks ought to be given as beneath for a most of 25 marks protecting 5 CRs.
Outstanding : 5 marks
Very Good : Four marks
Good : Three marks
Good/Not match : 2.5 marks
Average : 2 marks Below Average : 1 mark
- The classification “Not fit/Not yet Fit” within the final Three CRs will earn 2.5 factors however within the first two CRs such classification will earn 3
- Marks equivalent to the grading for the 5 attributes of Section II of every yr ought to be added up after which the common over 5 years ought to be calculated.
- In order to be categorized as ‘Fit for promotion’ an worker should get a minimal of 15 marks from the final 5 CRs and may have been rated as ‘Fit for promotion’ within the final CR. Also ‘average’ or ‘Not Fit’ score within the final CR ought to be handled as ‘Grey area’ regardless of the factors
- Marks equivalent to general grading of every yr’s CR ought to be allotted and marks shouldn’t be allotted simply primarily based on the ultimate gradings given, however the entire CR ought to be learn by the Committee and the grading arrived at for giving the
- DPC ought to contemplate CRs for equal variety of years in respect of all staff thought of for
- If multiple CR has been written for a selected yr, all CRs for the related yr shall be thought of collectively because the CR for one
- Where a number of CR haven’t been written or will not be accessible, the CRs of the sooner years together with these earned within the decrease grades could also be taken into consideration to finish the requisite variety of CRs required for
- Where the staff are working within the subsequent larger grades on officiating foundation and have earned CRs in that grade, no additional weightage could also be given on the bottom that they’re officiating within the larger
(No.E(GP)87/2/123 dated 19.9.1988 and 20.4.1989 E(GP)89/2/30 dated 29.9.89/5.10.1989 E(GP)2000/2/95 dated 16.1.2001)
12. AUTHORITIES FOR SETTING AND EVALUATION OF QUESTION
12.1. The following authorities could set and consider the query papers in Selection/LDCE.
|S.No.||Description||Authority for Setting Question
|Authority for Evaluation of Answer Sheets|
|A||Departmental Portion||PHOD of involved
|Any different SAG officer of the involved
|B1||Financial Rules for Personnel
|PHOD of Personnel
|Any different SAG officer of Personnel or Accounts
|B2||Estt. & Financial Rules for Departments apart from Personnel||PHOD of involved Department (for each Establishment Rules & Financial Rules)||Any different SAG officer of involved Department (for each Establishment Rules & Financial Rules) or of Personnel Department (for Establishment Rules) and of Accounts Department (for Financial Rules)|
|2.1||DEPARTMENTS OTHER THAN ACCOUNTS|
|A||General Knowledge||PHOD of involved
|Any different SAG officer of the involved Department|
|B||Professional Subject- Paper I & II||PHOD of involved
|Any different SAG officer of the involved
|C||Establishment & Financial Rules||PHOD of involved Department (for each Establishment Rules & Financial Rules)||Any different SAG officer of the involved Department (for each Establishment Rules & Financial Rules) or any SAG officer of Personnel Department (for Establishment Rules) and of Accounts Department (for Financial Rules).|
|A||General Knowledge & English||PHOD of Accounts
|Any different SAG officer of the Accounts Department.|
|B||Professional Subject- Paper I & II||PHOD of
|Any different SAG officer of the Accounts Department.|
(No.E(GP)2001/2/32 dated 25.10.2001)
13. PROCEDURE FOR EMPANELMENT
- The profitable candidates shall be organized as follows:-
- Those securing 80% marks and above graded as ‘Outstanding’.
- Those securing between 60% and 79% marks graded as ‘Good’.
(Para 204.Eight of IREM)
- The panel ought to include staff who had certified within the choice, equivalent to the variety of vacancies for which choice was held. Employees securing gradation ‘Outstanding’ can be positioned on prime adopted by these securing gradation ‘Good’ interse seniority inside every group being maintained.
(Para 204.9 of IREM)
- In order to qualify, a candidate should safe the minimal prescribed qualifying marks in every of the papers of written examination, within the viva-voce which embrace file of service individually and likewise within the
- There can be no grading of profitable candidates, as ‘Outstanding’, ‘Very good’ and so on. Their names can be organized within the order of benefit on the premise of complete marks obtained by every of the
(No.E(GP)76/2/96 dated 3.6.1977 E(GP)76/2/96 dated 3.8.1977
E(GP)74/2/20 dated 31.8.1978 E(GP)86/2/61 dated 10.1.1990)
E(GP)88/2/111 dated 20.8.91)
- In the case of two or extra candidates securing equal marks within the combination (written check + viva voce + file of service) in 30% LDCE, their relative benefit place for the aim of their empanelment could also be decided on the premise of their relative seniority within the feeder grade (s). The candidate who’s senior shall rank larger. The similar standards shall be utilized for figuring out who can be empanelled in opposition to the final emptiness from amongst those that safe equal marks within the
E(GP)2001/2/69 dated 17.10.2001
- The suggestions of the Selection Committee ought to be put as much as the General Manager for approval. If he doesn’t approve of the suggestions he’ll file his causes in writing due to this fact, and order a contemporary choice. Once a panel is authorised by the General Manager no modification or alteration within the panel ought to be made besides with the prior approval of the Railway
(Para 204.10 of IREM)
- In the matter of seniority in respect of the declared variety of vacancies to be stuffed at anyone time via the Board of choice (70%) and Competitive Examination (30%), these empanelled via regular choice will rank senior to these chosen via the
(No.E(GP)76/2/96 dated 3.6.1977
E(GP)74/2/20 dated 31.8.1978)
E(GP)86/2/61 dated 10.1.90)
- The panel can be present for a interval of two years from the date of approval of the competent authority or until a contemporary panel on the premise of subsequent choice turns into accessible whichever is earlier. Where provisional panels are drawn the foreign money will rely from the date of approval of provisional panel. If the operation of the authorised panel has been held in abeyance whether or not wholly or partly on account of injunction from the Court of Law the foreign money of the panel ought to be reckoned after excluding the interval coated by the Court’s directive. Before working the panel after the holiday of the injunction/after disposal of the case by the Court of Law, the non-public approval of the General Manager ought to be taken.
(Para 205 of IREM)
- The panel of profitable candidates drawn up in opposition to 30% vacancies to be stuffed via the LDCE can be legitimate for a similar size of time because the panel drawn up for 70% vacancies to be stuffed via regular
(No.E(GP)76/2/96 dated 3.6.1977
E(GP)74/2/20 dated 31.8.1978
E(GP)86/2/61 dated 10.1.1990)
14 PREPARATION OF YEARWISE PANELS WHERE SELECTIONS HAVE NOT BEEN CONDUCTED IN THE RELEVANT YEARS.
- The present directions present that picks for promotion to Group B posts ought to be held usually as soon as in two years. It is important that schedule is adhered to to be able to decrease, if not altogether eradicate the necessity for adhoc promotions. Also if the picks will not be held on the applicable time and
vacancies are bunched, the place could give rise to representations from senior staff who had the picks been performed on the applicable time, would have had the higher possibilities for choice. From this perspective additionally it’s needed that picks are held as soon as in two years as prescribed.
- Where, nonetheless, attributable to distinctive causes past the management of the Administration, it’s not potential to carry the choice as per schedule and it’s delayed by greater than a yr, the primary choice that’s held thereafter ought to observe the process indicated and illustrated
- The precise variety of vacancies for every of the picks ought to be assessed individually.
- The staff who can be inside the area of consideration as regards to the vacancies to be stuffed at every choice, beginning with the sooner choice ought to solely be thought of for every
- A panel ought to be ready for every of the picks. All the panels ought to be consolidated by putting the panel of the precedent days above the one for the subsequent and so forth.
- There can be just one written examination. Written examination shouldn’t be held individually for every of the choice intervals.
- Since just one panel can be shaped even the place vacancies pertaining to multiple choice interval are bunched, the corresponding LDCE panel can be saved under the consolidated normal
- Promotions made on the premise of consolidated panel could have solely potential impact. Proforma fixation of pay shouldn’t be
A range was attributable to be held in 1979 to attract a panel of seven officers for promotion to Group B in a Department, however the choice couldn’t be held and it’s now proposed to be held in 1981. For the choice to be held in 1981, the full vacancies have been decided as 12 inclusive of seven vacancies which ought to have been stuffed on the premise of choice in 1979. First a panel ought to be drawn for 7 vacancies adopted by one other for five vacancies.
Panel for 1979
No. of vacancies 7
Field of alternative 21
Employees thought of S.Nos. 1 to 21
Selection Committee’s suggestions:- S.No.15 categorized as ‘Outstanding’. S.No. 11 and 12 didn’t qualify. The relaxation categorized as ‘Good’. Panel will include S.Nos.
Panel for 1981
No. of vacancies 5
Field of alternative 15
Employees thought of S.Nos. 7 to 14
S.Nos. 16 to 22
Selection Committee’s suggestions: – S.No.22 categorized as ‘Outstanding’. S.No. 11 and 12 didn’t qualify. The relaxation categorized as ‘Good’. Panel will include S.Nos.
The consolidated panel to be declared on account of choice ought to be
15, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 22, 7, 8, 9 and 10
- Determination of zone of consideration for SC/ST
- Supposing a panel of 26 officers is required to be drawn in opposition to vacancies relating to 2 choice intervals and out of those 15 vacancies relate to the primary choice and 11 vacancies to the second choice. There are 6 reserved vacancies in all, out of which 3 (2 SC + 1 ST) associated to 1st choice and three (2 SC + 1 ST) to the next
- 78 eligible staff ought to be known as for the written examination. Against the 6 reserved vacancies (Four SC + 2 ST) if 12 SC and 6 ST staff
corresponding to three occasions the variety of reserved vacancies individually for SCs and STs can be found inside the 78 staff known as. It ought to be thought to be sufficient. If it’s not so, the sector could also be prolonged to five occasions the full vacancies just for SCs and STs or each SCs and STs as defined in para 9.Four above. If by extending the sector to five occasions, 12 SC and 6 ST candidates don’t grow to be accessible, the consideration ought to be restricted to the accessible staff solely.
- Employees who’ve handed written check between S.No.1 to 45, and within the case of reserved vacancies if between S.Nos.1 to 45, 6 SCs and three STs corresponding to three occasions the reserved vacancies didn’t take the written check, SCs and STs or each SCs and STs who’ve been known as to take the written check as defined in para 9.Four above and who’ve handed written check ought to be known as for the viva voce. The panel for the primary lot of 15 vacancies ought to then be ready. Assuming that solely 23 staff had handed the written examination, from amongst these thought of in opposition to the primary lot of 15 vacancies and out of them solely 22 have secured qualifying marks within the viva voce and file of service, 15 can be empanelled in opposition to the vacancies pertaining to the primary choice. The variety of staff to be thought of for the subsequent choice ought to be seven candidates who had handed the written check and viva voce out of these thought of earlier however not empanelled and 26 extra staff positioned between S.No.46 and 71 to make a area of 33 in opposition to 11 vacancies pertaining to the next choice. In the case of reserved vacancies if 6 SCs and three STs (Three occasions the reserved vacancies pertaining to the second choice) who handed the written check will not be accessible inside the above 33 candidates, the sector for SC or ST or each SC and ST ought to be prolonged to 5 occasions the full variety of vacancies as defined within the case of first
- If for the primary choice interval it has not been potential to get Three SC/STs on the panel even by extending the zone appropriately, unfilled quota ought to be added to the quota of subsequent choice
- SC/ST staff chosen from prolonged zone ought to be positioned en-bloc under others chosen from inside the regular zone appropriately because the vacancies belong to earlier choice or later choice
- In evaluating the benefit of the officer the file of service related for the interval ought to solely be thought of i.e. in making ready the panel for the vacancies referring to 1979, referred to within the illustration in para 15.Three above, the file of service of the officers for the yr upto1979 ought to solely be taken into
- On the date of precise choice, if disciplinary proceedings are in progress and beneath the prevailing directions the names of staff in opposition to whom proceedings are in progress shouldn’t be positioned on the panel, such a process will apply even when no proceedings have been in existence within the yr to which the emptiness pertains. For instance, if within the illustration quoted above, disciplinary proceedings are in progress in opposition to in No.Four on the time of precise choice in
1981, though no such proceedings have been in progress in 1979, the process laid down for empanelment of Railway servants in opposition to whom disciplinary proceedings are in progress will apply.
(Para 203.6 and 203.7 of IREM) No. E (GP)81/1/18 dated 9.4.1981 and 4.9.1982)
15. SUPPLEMENTARY EXAMINATION
- Selection for 70% vacancies
- Not multiple supplementary choice ought to be held to cater to the absentees. While holding the supplementary choice all care and warning ought to be exercised to make sure that staff who didn’t avail of the principle choice are offered the chance on the supplementary choice. Measures to inform the staff both for the principle choice or the supplementary choice, notably in circumstances the place staff are serving outdoors the Railway together with staff on deputation shouldn’t be
(Para 207.1 of IREM)
- All the staff, who fulfil the circumstances of eligibility prescribed and who apply are allowed to take the LDCE, no matter their seniority. The panel is ready from amongst those that qualify, strictly on the premise of benefit. Wherever vacancies are stuffed purely on the outcomes on aggressive examination, there is no such thing as a provision for holding a Supplementary examination to cater to absentees neither is it possible to offer for it. All that’s needed is that sufficient discover ought to be given when a LDCE is proposed to be held to all of the eligible staff, together with staff away on deputation in regards to the LDCE and it ought to be particularly indicated that no Supplementary examination can be held beneath any circumstances. Also staff, who’re away on deputation/secondment outdoors the nation and who get empanelled within the first LDCE held after return, can’t be thought of for interpolation within the earlier panel(s) of LDCE shaped of their
(No.E(GP)86/2/54 dated 28.7.1986)
- It ought to be ensured that the circulars for picks and LDCE are endorsed to all of the workplaces/institutions to which the candidates coming within the zone of consideration for 70% choice and eligible staff for LDCE belong or are
- A senior officer in all of the workplaces and institution could also be nominated who can be accountable to make sure that these circulars are dropped at the discover of all
the candidates/eligible staff working of their respective organizations or belonging to them.
- In case any worker has been posted to a different organisation on switch/deputation foundation, will probably be the accountability of their mum or dad workplace/institution to make sure that the round is shipped to that institution/organisation enjoining upon it to deliver the identical to the discover of the involved worker(s). A written affirmation ought to be obtained from these organisations and despatched to the CPO/Dy.CPO (G) on the Headquarters for being saved in
- The motion on the above strains ought to be taken with meticulous care and lapses ought to be seen severely and accountability fastened on the nominated officers.
- Circulars for picks/LDCE must also be given extensive publicity by publishing the identical via the Railway Gazette. Also, copies ought to be endorsed to the recognised Unions at headquarters, Divisions, Workshops and so on. with the request to flow into them in all their models for the data of the staff. Also these circulars ought to be put up on the discover board in all workplaces/institutions, Stations, Sheds, Workshops
16. PRE-SELECTION COACHING
(No.E(GP)87/2/72 dated 27.12.91)
16.1. Pre-selection teaching are relevant to the 70% choice in addition to LDCE and for posts coming beneath ‘safety’ classes and ‘non-safety’ classes as part of human useful resource improvement programme. However, the pre- choice teaching courses shouldn’t be handled obligatory aside from SC/ST candidates.
(No.E(GP)91/2/10 dated 6.5.92
E(GP)91/2/10 dated 20.10.93)
17. OTHER PROVISIONS RELATING TO SC/ST
- For picks, the scheme of selling finest amongst the failed candidates can be in pressure within the case of non-safety classes. In as far as LDCE is anxious, the qualifying marks for SC/ST candidates for non-safety classes can be 3/5th of the qualifying marks prescribed for normal group candidates in every particular person paper. As regards ‘viva-voce’ and ‘Record of Service’, for the reason that qualifying marks are to be reckoned for the 2 processes collectively, the SC/ST candidates required to safe atleast 18 marks therein as in opposition to 30 marks prescribed for General group This is topic
to the situation that they’ll safe the identical qualifying marks in ‘Record of Service’ as prescribed for normal group candidates.
No.92/E(SCT)I/25/12 dated 13.11.92)
- The submit of ACM has been categorized as a ‘Safety’ class submit and the scheme of promotion of “best among failures” has been allotted with in Transportation (Commercial)
18. MEDICAL FITNESS OF EMPLOYEES SELECTED FOR PROMOTION TO GROUP ‘B’ POSTS
- Employees chosen for promotion to Group ‘B’ service both frequently or on adhoc foundation ought to be slot in all respects together with bodily health for the duties assigned to the actual class of posts to which the promotion is made.
- Group ‘C’ staff qualifying within the written check for promotion to Group ‘B’ posts however not passing the prescribed medical customary shouldn’t be known as for viva-voce.
(No.E(GP)80/2/Eight dated 31.10.91)
- Classification of gazetted posts for the aim of inspecting the visible acuity of the Railway staff for promotion from non-gazetted posts, to gazetted posts have been categorized in para 531 of IRMM as follows:
- All posts in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and S&T Engineering and Traffic (Transportation and Commercial)
- All posts in different Departments, which aren’t linked with prepare working or use of trolley on open
(No.97/H/5/Three dated 16/17.9.97)
19. ADHOC PROMOTION TO GROUP ‘B’ POSTS
- There ought to usually be no must resort to adhoc preparations earlier than the subsequent choice in view of the availability for a liberal evaluation of vacancies for unanticipated vacancies by making an allowance for the vacancies which can be attributable to come up within the subsequent 6 months. If the panel is probably going for use up earlier than the subsequent choice changing into due after two years, steps ought to be initiated to carry the subsequent
choice with out ready for the two yr interval to be over in order that the subsequent panel turns into accessible nicely in time earlier than the earlier panel will get exhausted.
- In the occasion of adhoc preparations nonetheless changing into needed attributable to unavoidable contingencies like injunctions from Courts of Law, such appointments ought to be made on the premise of seniority-cum-suitability from amongst all eligible candidates who appeared within the earlier choice regardless of whether or not they handed the written examination or not in earlier picks they usually grew to become eligible for empanelment or not. At the identical time, it ought to be ensured that these adhoc promotees whose working as judged from their file of efficiency shouldn’t be passable are reverted as early as
- All adhoc preparations made ought to be terminated on the declaration of panel.
(Para 208.2 of IREM) (No.E(GP)87/2/72 dated 11.1.1988 and 28.5.90)
20. CONSIDERATION OF EMPLOYEES ON DEPUTATION
20.1. In circumstances the place staff eligible to take the choice (for 70% vacancies) are overseas on deputation/secondment and will not be prone to return in a couple of months time, the choice held of their absence ought to be finalized with out ready for his or her return. On their return they need to be known as for the primary choice held thereafter and on the premise of their efficiency within the choice they need to be thought of for proforma inclusion within the panel framed throughout their absence overseas. If any worker is thus included within the panel, no arrears can be payable to him and entitlement to pay in Group ‘B’ would start solely from the date of his precise officiating promotion. For the panel thus enlarged, Board’s approval ought to be obtained. In respect of eligible staff who’re on deputation to workplaces/institutions, inside the nation, it ought to be ensured that sufficient advance discover is given to such staff and they’re thought of on the choice with out fail.
(Para 206.1. of IREM)
20.2 Employees, who’re away on deputation/secondment outdoors the nation and get empanelled within the first LDCE held after return, can’t be thought of for interpolation within the earlier panel(s) of LDCE shaped of their absence.
21. REFUSAL OF PROMOTION
(No.E(GP)86/2/54 dated 28.7.1986)
21.1. An worker empanelled for promotion to Group ‘B’ refusing promotion, when his flip arises, ought to be debarred for promotion for one yr and if after one yr, he refuses promotion once more, his title ought to be deleted from the panel. When promoted, after the interval for which he’s debarred, seniority can be as from the date of impact of promotion and he can be junior to all staff promoted sooner than him on common foundation from the identical panel however can be senior to staff from the next panel, if authorised.
22. REPRESENTATIONS AGAINST SELECTION
(Para 207.Three of IREM)
- Representations in opposition to picks ought to be handled on deserves with out restriction of any time restrict for his or her
(Para 208.Three of IREM)
23. OTHER INSTRUCTIONS
- The reply papers of the written examination in addition to the mark sheets of viva voce ought to be marked with indelible ink. Each reply e book ought to carry a flyleaf. Both flyleaf in addition to the reply e book ought to be stamped and signed by the Gazetted Officer answerable for conduct of the examination. The worker ought to write his title and designation on the flyleaf solely. After the reply books are acquired from the worker the flyleaf ought to be eliminated and allotted a Roll quantity which even be concurrently recorded on the corresponding reply e book. The reply e book ought to be despatched to the examiner with the Roll quantity alone indicated on the reply books. The flyleaves faraway from the reply books ought to be rigorously preserved in a sealed cowl, which ought to be saved within the private custody of the Chief Personnel
(Para 208.1 of IREM)
- Detailed directions issued every now and then, regarding reservation in favour of SCs/STs and consideration of staff figuring in/dealing with motion beneath the Railway Servants Discipline and Appeal Rules ought to be referred to, wherever
(Para 209 of IREM)
- This round is barely a consolidation of the directions issued every now and then are nonetheless in pressure. In case of doubt, the unique circulars ought to be relied upon as
- The directions contained within the authentic circulars referred to have solely potential impact from the date of the problem until particularly indicated in any other case within the involved round. For coping with previous circumstances, the directions in pressure on the related time ought to be referred
- If any round on the topic, which has not been outdated, has not been considered whereas making ready this consolidated letter, the mentioned round, which has been missed via oversight, ought to be handled as legitimate and operative. Such a lacking round, if any, could also be dropped at the discover of the Railway
- The above consolidation has been made out of the circulars/letters listed within the Annexure.
List of References
|Board’s letter No.||Date|
For official notification :click here
RBE NO. 184/2019
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAllWAYS
E(NG)I/2014/PM 7/1 New Delhi, dated October 30th, 2019
The General Manager
All Zonal Railways &
(as per standard mailing list)
Sub: Increasing promotion quota percentage for Technician-ill posts in Diesel/Electric Loco/EMU Sheds in Indian Railways – Corrigendum.
Please refer to Board’s letter of even number dated 12.07.2019 (RBE No.113 of 2019) on the above mentioned subject vide which Para No.159(I) of !REM Vol.I was amended vide ACS No.267. In the said ACS, the posts in the category of Technician Grade-III, in various Engineering Departments and Diesel/Electric Loco/EMU Sheds has been inadvertently mentioned as being in Level-l. The same
may please be read as Level-2. ACS incorporating the aforesaid correction is accordingly enclosed herewith.
Joint Director /E(N)
New Delhi, dated October 3o, 2019