- SAB ‘E’ dimension for BOXN wagon is 555 to 575mm
- SAB ‘A’ dimension for 13 T axle load coach is 16+2-0mm
- SAB ‘A’ dimension for ICF coach with brake leverage ratio of 1:5.5 is 22+2-0mm (AC coach)
- When ‘E’ dimension of SAB decreases it indicates brake block worn, Worn out wheels, pins and bushes.
- The type of grease used in ICF spherical roller bearings is lithium base
- The dash pot oil level under tare condition is 40mm
- Draw and braking forces will be taken by Anchor links in ICF
- Silent Block (Rubber bush) has been fitted in bogie components to reduce noise
- To control the lateral swing of the bolster Equalizing stays have been provided on ICF
- Life of other coaching vehicles ( light usage) is 40 years
- The gap between brake block and wheel tread on ICF coach to be maintained is 5mm
- ICF solid wheel maximum diameter is 915mm
- Inflammable fluid tank wagons are checked with battery operated torch
- Hot axle can be detected through visual observation in rolling in
- ICF coaches are provided with bearings: self aligned spherical roller bearings
- Wheel discs are fitted on axles with shrunk fit
- Projection of buffer from head stock should be within:
a)700 to 715mm (b)680 to 695mm
(c)600 to 635mm (d)1030kg.M.
- Integral coach factory located at Perambur
- In BOXN wagon SABs are with “A” dimension: 70mm
- PEASD is provided with 8 mm choke
- In empty load device empty indication have colour code yellow
- CASNUB 22W(M) new wheel diameter is 1000mm
- How do you measure buffer height of a coach? Rail table to center of buffer face
- Which is the most frequent reason for Train parting on AAR coupler? Failure of Knuckles
- What is the function of check valve with choke provided in the air brake system?
To permit flow of air from the FP to the AR but not in the reverse direction.
- What is the following is the function of PEAV
Facilitate the passenger to intimate the driver to stop the train by reducing air pressure.
- In C3W distributor valve which sub-assembly help in manual release of brakes? Double release valve.
- Twin Pipe Braking Helps in Reduces release time
- In case of coaching stock accident where human loss is there the enquiry will be conducted by
CRS (commissioner of railway safety)
- During release after full service application in air brake wagon the brake should release within 60
- What is the maximum pressure in the brake cylinder when the driver drops the BP pressure by
1.6 Kg/cm²? 3.8 Kg/Cm2
- What is the maximum wheel diameter of BOXN wagon fitted with CASNUB 22W retrofitted bogie?
- What is the new and condemning diameter of wheels fitted on ICF WGACCW coach? 915mm & 813 mm
- What is the Permissible variation in wheel diameter on the same trolley and on the same BOXN wagon? 13mm & 25mm
- What is the permissible variation in wheel tread diameter on the same bogie and on the same coach on BG ICF design at the time of wheel changing? 5mm & 13mm
- What is the lowest permissible wheel diameter for a coach turned out after POH from workshops? 837mm
- What is the Permissible wheel gauge of wheels on an ICF coach as per revised IRCA part IV?
- What is the distance between journal center on CASNUB bogie? 2260mm
- What is the permissible flat surface on wheel tread of BOX “N” wagons as per the latest instructions? 60mm
- What is the root radius when new for wheel turned to worn wheel profile? 14mm
- What is the Axle load of coach running on Rajadhani express? 25 tonnes
- What is the Condemning flange thickness of wheels fitted on ICF coach running at 110 ?
- What is the revised torque value for tightening end locking screws fitted on CTRB of BOXN wagon? 40 Mt.
- What is the maximum and minimum Buffer heights to be maintained on an ICF coach under tare condition? 1105mm to
- What is indication for ensuring proper coupling of CBC during train examination?
19 mm clearance between toggle and coupler body
- At what wheel diameter reduction Brake adjustment of CASNUB bogie is done? 18mm
- In C3W distributor valve, through which sub assembly the control reservoir is charged ?
Cut off valve
- In KE distributor valve, through which sub assembly the auxiliary reservoir is charged?
- Which defect in C3W Distributor Valve causes brake binding ?
Main valve check valve damaged.
- Which defect in KE type of Distributor valve makes the cylinder In operative?
Main diaphragm perished or Quick release valve leaking
- Working Piston stroke of Bogie mounted brake cylinder? 32mm
- Maximum slack take up capacity of a Bogie mounted brake cylinder? 305mm
- In bogie mounted brake system at what wheel diameter the brake gear connection should be shifted to next inner hole of connecting link? 839mm
- What is the Brake cylinder pressure release time from 3.8Kg/cm2 to 0.4 Kg/cm2 with single car test rig as per IRCA Part IV? 15 to 20
- What is the drop in brake pipe pressure during sensitivity test with SCTR?
0.6 Kg/cm² in 6 Seconds
- What is the validity of Brake power certificate of CC rake?
7500 Km. or 35 days which ever is earlier.
- Colour of vacuum brake BPC of goods train? Pink
- Colour of Brake power certificate of Air brake Goods train (End to End)? Green
- Minimum percentage of effective brake cylinders on an intensively examined Air brake goods train? 90%
- Brake power percentage of Air braked CC rake at originating station? 100%
- Minimum BP pressure required in brake van of 58 BOXN wagons? 7 Kg/cm2
- Permissible leakage rate of air pressure in goods train as per G-97?25 kg/cm2/minute.
- Condemning limit of composite brake block in goods train? 10mm
- Piston stroke of a loaded BCN wagon? 130mm
- Pull required to operate alarm chain apparatus? 4 to 10 Kg.
- Condemning thickness of Composite brake blocks of a coach? 12mm
- Maximum permissible clearance between pin and bush during renewal on Express train? 75mm
- What is the dimension ‘A’ OF slack adjuster for coaches with 16.25 ton bogies? 22mm
- Slack adjuster “e” dimension of ICF coach? 375mm +/- 25mm
- Longitudinal movement of bolster in ICF bogie is controlled by? Anchor link
- Angle to which split pins and cotters to be split? 45 degrees
- Periodicity of POH of OCVs on mail & express trains? 18 months
- Newly built ICF coach running on mail/express trains first IOH is done after months? 12 months
- What is the permissible longitudinal clearance between side frame and adapter on 22NLB CASNUB bogies? 12 to 18mm
- Condemning height of EM pad? 42mm
- Condemning height of CC pad? 109mm
- How the center pivot of CASNUB bogies is lubricated as per revised wagon manual?
Graphite flakes to IS-495
- Minimum air pressure in the under slung water tank of AC coach? 35 Kg/Cm2.
- The clearance between wheel and brake block increases automatically in Bogie mounted brake cylinder? No
- Wear on brake block does not disturb ‘A’ dimension of slack adjuster? True
- If a goods train is stabled for more than 24 hours the BPC becomes
- Beyond which temperature is the axle box considered hot box? 80 degrees C
- In an open line coaching depot for what defects do you look for when the bearing is opened for schedule? Bearing should not be opened in open line depots for schedules
- What is the full form of CORTON steel?Corrosion Resistant steel
- Under whom does NTXR work? IRCA
- Where is Rail Spring Karkhana located? Gwalior
- What does an Air Flow indicator do? Indicates leakages of air pressure
- What types of brakes are there in LHB coaches? Axle mounted disc brakes
- Decode COFMOW? Central Organization For Modernization Of Workshops
- Decode LHB? LINKE HOFFMAN BOSCH
- To procure non-stock item of value more than Rs.10,000/- S-1302-A form to be ?
- What is the wheel base of an ICF bogie?
- What is the maintenance time required for maintaining 24 coach train? 6 hours.
- What is the minimum buffer height permitted on loaded coaching stock? 1030mm
- What is the release time of a DV permitted on coaching stock? 15 to20
- What is the droppage of BP pressure for full service brake application on coaching train?
1.0 to 1.5 Kg./Cm2.
- When oil oozing noticed in between wheel seat and axle it is called loose axle
- When pull rod is grazing on axle forms the Notched
- The distance between adjuster tube and the mark on the spindle towards its end is called ‘SAB’ ‘E’ dimension.
- GDR Check valid for 400Kms.
- If driver fails to log Kilometers, BPC of CC rake expires on 21st day from the date of
- Buffer height max and min dimensions for wagons in empty condition is 1105mm and 1090mm
- Permitted Flat faces on ICF wheels is 50mm
- Maximum wheel diameter of BLC Wagon 840mm
- What is the maximum BC pressure in empty condition for BLC wagon 2Kg/cm2
- The torque valve for end locking studs is 8 to 9 Kg-M for 6mm bolts and 15 to 16 Kg- M for 20mm
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS.
- The standard wheel gauge of passenger BG coaching stock is –
(a) 1602 mm (b) 1601 mm (c) 1600 mm (d) 1598 mm
- Length over body of ICF BG coaches is –
(a) 2334 mm (b) 2310 mm (c) 21337 mm (d) 22132 mm
- Rigid wheelbase of ICF BG trolley is –
(a) 2896 mm (b) 2803 mm (c) 2990 mm (d) 2837 mm
- At what interval, the intensive cleaning of any coach is done?
- Three month (b) One month (c) Six month (d) Eight month
- What is the interval for cleaning coach water tank?
- 15 days (b) 25 days (c) one month (d) two month
- What is the period for the POH of any OCV attached to a passenger train?
- Nine month (b) 12 month (c) 18 month (d) 24 month
- What shall be the period for POH for a coach attached to Mail/ Express train?
- 9 month (b) 12 month (c) 18 month (d) 24 month
- What shall be the period for POH of PCV attached with any other train other than mail/ Express train?
- 9 month (b) 12 month (c) 18 month (d) 24 month
- The other name of pilot valve is –
- PESAD (b) PEASD (c) PDEAS (d) EPASD
- What is the period for POH of departmental coach?
- 24 month (b) 36 month (c) 42 month (d) 60 month
- What is the Transportation code of inspection carriage (Administrative)?
- AR (b) CR (c) IC (d) RA
- As per policy circular No-4 secondary examination of mail/express has been skipped on round trip upto-
(a) 800 Km (b) 1500 Km (c) 2500 Km (d) 1800 Km
- In coach, the load transmission takes place through –
- Center pivot (b) Bogie (c) Side bearer (d) Wheel
- The ‘L’ type composite brake block should be changed, if worn out beyond-
(a) 10 mm (b) 15 mm (c) 20 mm (d) 22 mm
- The ‘K’ type composite brake block should be changed, if worn out beyond-
(a) 10 mm (b) 12 mm (c) 20 mm (d) 22 mm
- packing pieces of ICF coach is –
(a) 13,14,26 mm (b) 13,22,28 mm (c) 13,26,38,48 mm (d) 22,26,32 mm
- Coaching stock accident involving human life enquiry by-
- CME (b) CRS (c) DME (d) ADRM
- Yellow strips on end body of ICF indicate is –
- Antitclescopic (b) Dual brake (c) In built air brake (d) Non-Antitalescop
- For finding what defect UST is done?
- Internal crack (b) external crack (c) Air flow crack (d) None of the above
- What is Codal life of steel bodied coaches (Including dining / pantry cars) –
- 40 years (b) 30 years (c) 25 years (d) 22 years
- Caudal life of light utilization categories of coaches is –
- 40 years (b) 30 years (c) 25 years (d) 20 years
- All newly built coaches shall be given IOH after –
- One month (b) six month (c) one year (d) two year
- The length over buffer of ICF/ RCF coach is –
(a) 22297 mm (b) 22299 mm (c) 21996 mm (d) 21030 mm
- Over all width of ICF/ RCF coach is –
(a) 3251 mm (b) 3250 mm (c) 3245 mm (d) 3991 mm
- The height from rail level of ICF/ RCF coach is –
(a) 3886 mm (b) 4025 mm (c) 3991mm (d) 3251 mm
- Rehabilitation of coaching stock is carried out between –
- 10 to 12 year (b) 12 to 15 year (c) 15 to 18 year (d) 18 20 year
- How many emergency windows provided in AC ICF/RCF coaches are –
- Two (b) Three (c) Four (d) Five
- Rehabilitation cost of coaching stock is –
- 15% of the total cost (b) 20% of the total cost
(c) 25% of the total cost (d) 35% of the total cost
- What is the interval of schedule ‘A’ examination of a coach?
- One month ±3 days (b) Two months ± 3 days
(c) Three months ± 6 days (d) None of the above
- What is the interval of schedule ‘B’ examination of a coach?
- One month ± 3 days (b) Two months ± 3 days
(c) Three months ± 7 days (d) None of the above
- What is the purpose of manipulator?
- For testing roller bearing (b) For down hand welding
(c) For ROH (d) For brake ringing Adjustment
- What do you mean by FRP?
- Fibre recalling panel (b) Fibre reinforced plastic
(c) First reduction plastic (d) Fine reinforced panel
- At what interval, the IOH of shatabdi coaches is?
- 12 months at work shop
(b) 9 months at work shop
- 9 months at PM depot
- None of the above
- What is the periodicity for IOH of ICF coaches?
(a) 9 months
- 12 months
- 6 months
- None of the above
- Where has been distraction tube provided in ICF/RCF coaches?
(a) Between main head stock and auxiliary head stock
- Outer main head stock
- With auxiliary head stock
- None of the above
- The maximum standard buffer height above rail level to center of buffer is –
(a) 1085 mm (b) 1100 mm (c) 1105 mm (d) 1030 mm
- The minimum permissible buffer height above rail level to center of buffer is –
(a) 1105 mm (b) 1145 mm (c) 1115 mm (d) 1030 mm
- Standard buffer projection from Headstock is –
(a) 650 mm (b) 635 mm (c) 620 mm (d) 660 mm
- Minimum Permissible buffer projection from Headstock is –
(a) 635 mm (b) 605 mm (c) 590 mm (d) 584 mm
- The diameter of buffer plunger face of ICF coaches is –
(a) 552 mm (b) 457 mm (c) 493 mm (d) 510 mm
- What is the distance between two buffers at one end?
(a) 1952 mm (b) 1976 mm (c) 1956 mm (d) 1992 mm
- What is the maximum buffer plunger stroke in mm?
(a) 127.0 mm (b) 129.0 mm (c) 131.0 mm (d) 133.0 mm
- How the weight of the body is transferred on trolley in ICF coach?
- Journal (b) Wheel (c) Side bearer (d) Dashpot
- The ICF buffer plunger is made of –
- Mild steel (b) Cost iron (c) Cast steel (d) Aluminum Alloy
- In loaded condition, the minimum permissible height of buffer in ICF coach is –
- 1090 mm (b) 1105 mm (c) 1030 mm (d) None of the above
- The draw & buffing force transmission in coach is through –
- Centre pivot (b) Bogie (c) Side bearer (d) Wheel
- Hauling capacity of H type CBC is –
(a) 7000 ton (b) 8000 ton (c) 9000 ton (d) 10000 ton
- What thickness of hard packing ring used for 889 to 864 mm diameter of two wheel sets of bogie in adjustment of buffer height?
(a) 10.0 mm (b) 12.0 mm (c) 13.0 mm (d) 20.0 mm
- What thickness of hard packing ring used for 863 to 840 mm diameter of two wheel sets of bogie in adjustment of buffer height?
(a) 12.0 mm (b) 16.0 mm (c) 20.0 mm (d) 26.0 mm
- Thickness of hard packing ring used for 839 to 820 mm diameter of two wheel sets of bogie in adjustment of buffer height is –
(a) 16.0 mm (b) 20.0 mm (c) 38.0 mm (d) 46.0 mm
- Thickness of hard packing ring used for 819mm diameter of two wheel sets of bogie in adjustment of buffer height is –
(a) 20.0 mm (b) 38.0 mm (c) 46.0 mm (d) 48.0 mm
- Nominal thickness of buffer casing body wall is –
(a) 9.50 mm (b) 10.50 mm (c) 11.50 mm (d) 13.50 mm
- What is wear limit of buffer casing body wall?
(a) 2.50 mm (b) 3.50 mm (c) 4.50 mm (d) 5.50 mm
- What is the weakest link of the ‘H’ type tight lock center buffer coupler?
- Draft gear (b) Knuckle (c) Lock (d) Yoke pin
- Destruction tube is provided inside the –
- Buffer (c) Head stock (c) under sole bar (d) None
- Capacity of air reservoir (AR) of the coach is –
(a) 150 Lit. (b) 200 Lit (c) 250 Lit. (d) 300 Lit.
- ‘A’ dimension of a passenger train (Non AC coach) is –
(a) 14± 2 mm (b) 16+2/-0 mm (c) 16± 4 mm (d) 18 ± 2 mm 03 In an AC coach, ‘A’ dimension should be –
(a) 18± 2 mm (b) 20± 2 mm (c) 22± 2 mm (d) 22+2/-0 mm
- In a passenger train ‘e’ dimension is –
(a) 378± 20 mm (b) 375±25 mm (c) 370±10 mm (d) 380±20 mm
- In the passenger train, the diameter of brake pipe & feed pipe is –
(a) 20.0 mm (b) 25.0 mm (c) 28.0 mm (d) 30.0 mm 06 In the passenger train, the diameter of branch pipe is –
(a) 15.0 mm (b) 18.0 mm (c) 20.0 mm (d) 22.0 mm 07 What is the diameter of branch pipe in between PEAV to PEASD?
(a) 10.0 mm (b) 25.0 mm (c) 30.0 mm (d) 20.0 mm 08 During full service application, Brake pipe pressure is dropped to –
(a) 2.0 Kg/cm2 (b) 1.0 Kg/cm2 (c) 3.0 Kg/cm2 (d) 1.5 Kg/cm2
09 At originating station the brake power percentage for mail/express train should be – (a) 85% (b) 90% (c) 100% (d) 75%
- Cut off angle cock can be fitted to-
- FP (b) BP (c) BP&FP both (d) None of the above
- What is the piston stroke of air brake coaching train fitted with modified horizontal lever? (a) 60±10 mm (b) 80±10 mm (c) 85±15 mm (d) 85±5 mm
- What is the diameter of bogie mounted brake cylinder?
(a) 220 mm (b) 210 mm (c) 203 mm (d) 200 mm
- The brake cylinder diameter of conventional air brake system is –
(a) 205 mm (b) 355 mm (c) 325 mm (d) 305 mm
- The rate of air leakage in single car testing should not be more then –
- 02 Kg/cm2/min (b) 1.0 Kg/cm2 /min (c) 0.2 Kg/cm2 /min (d) 0.1 Kg/cm2 /min
- In emergency application the brake cylinder pressure rises from 0-3.6 kg/cm2 in –
(a) 15-20 sec (b) 5-10 sec (c) 3-5 sec (d) 8-10 sec
- Check valve with choke allows air from –
- BP to FP (b) FP to CR (c) FP to AR (d) AR to BC
- When brake is manually released by QRV, which pressure will be vent out?
- BC pressure (b) AR pressure (c) BP pressure (d) CR pressure
- What is the pressure of control reservoir in coaching trains?
(a) 6.0 Kg/cm2 (b) 5.0 Kg/cm2 (c) 6.0 to .2 Kg/cm2 (d) 4.8 Kg/cm2
- In coaching trains, auxiliary reservoir is charged to –
(a) 5.0 Kg/cm2 (b) 6.0 Kg/cm2 (c) 4.8 Kg/cm2 (d) 5.5 Kg/cm2
- Reduction in BP pressure for minimum application is –
(a) 1.0 to1.5 Kg/cm2 (b) 0.8 to 1.0 Kg/cm2 (c) 0.5 to 0.8 Kg/cm2 (d) 0.1 to 05 Kg/cm2
- Reduction in BP pressure for service application is –
(a) 1.0 to 05 Kg/cm2 (b) 1.0 to 1.5 Kg/cm2 (c) 0.5 to 0.8 Kg/cm2 (d) 0.8 to 1.0 Kg/cm2
- Reduction in BP pressure for full service application is –
(a) 1.0 to 1.5 Kg/cm2 (b) 0.8 to 1.0 Kg/cm2 (c) 0.5 to 0.8 Kg/cm2 (d) 0.1 to 05 Kg/cm2
- Reduction in BP pressure for emergency application is –
(a) 1.0 to 1.5 Kg/cm2 (b) 1.5 to 3.8 Kg/cm2 (c) 0.5 to 0.8 Kg/cm2 (d) 3.8 to 5..0 Kg/cm2
- How many dirt collectors are fitted with under frame mounted air brake system on every coach?
- Two (b) One (c) Three (d) None of the above
- What is the choke diameter of guard’s emergency brake valve?
(a) 4.0 mm (b) 5.0 mm (c) 6.0 mm (d) 8.0 mm
- What type of slack adjuster is used in passenger coaches?
- DRV-600 (b) None (c) IRSA-450 (d) IRSA- 600
- For testing C3W DV, the AR charging time from 0 to 4.8 kg/cm2 is –
(a) 170 ± 10 sec (b) 175 ± 30 sec (c) 280 ± 30 sec (d) 210 ± 20 sec
- For testing KE type DV, the AR charging time from 0 to 4.8 kg/cm2 is-
(a) 160 to 210 sec (b) 210 to 260 sec (c) 260 to 280 sec (d) 180 to 200 sec
- For testing C3W DV, the CR charging time from 0 to 4.8 kg/cm2 is –
(a) 170 ± 10 sec (b) 165 ± 20 sec (c) 160 ± 10 sec (d) 210 ± 20 sec
- For testing KE type DV, the CR charging time from 0 to 8 kg/cm2 is – (a) 170 ± 10 sec (b) 160 ± 40 sec (c) 160 ± 10 sec (d) 210 ± 20 sec
- The three-branch pipe attached to common pipe bracket, where the middle pipe lead to
- CR (b) DV (c) BC (d) AR
- During brake release, air from BC goes to
- AR (b) CR (c) DV (d) Atmosphere
- At what schedule, testing of pressure gauge and replacement of the defective gauge in SLR?
- IOH (b) ‘A’ schedule (c) ‘B’ Schedule (d) Special schedule
- The type of dirt collector, used in bogie mounted passenger coach is –
- 2- way (b) 4-way (c) 3-way (d) single way
- When DV is working condition the position of DV handle is –
- Horizontal (b) Inclined (c) Vertical (d) Parallel
- The en-route brake power percentages of passenger BG coaching train is –
- 85% (b) 90% (c) 100% (d) Not specified
- What is the capacity of control reservoir of passenger coach?
- 0 litre (b) 7.0 litre (c) 9.0 litre (d) 10.0 litre
- What should be the effective maximum pressure in brake cylinder during full service application is
(a) 3.6 ± 0.1 Kg/cm2 (b) 3.7 ± 0.1 Kg/cm2 (c) 3.8 ± 0.1 Kg/cm2 (d) 4.1 ± 0.1 Kg/cm2
- DV is directly mounted on –
- AR (b) Brake pipe (c) Brake cylinder (d) Common pipe bracket
- Which one of the following valve in DV controls charging of CR?
- Main valve (b) Cut off valve (c) Quick service valve (d) Limiting device
- Control reservoir in air brake system is –
- To control FP pressure (b) To control DV valve
(c) To control Brake system (d) None of the above
- Auxiliary reservoir is assisting in –
- Charging of DV (b) Charging of BP
(c) Sending air to BC (d) Charging of CR
- Dirt Collector should be cleaned within –
- At the time of IOH (b) At the time of ‘A’ schedule
(c) At the time of POH (d) At the time of ‘B’ schedule
- In air brake system, brake should apply when the rate of drop of air pressure in BP is –
- 6 Kg/cm2/min in six sec (b) 0.3 Kg/cm2 in one sec
(c) 0.4 Kg/cm2 in one sec (d) 0.1 Kg/cm2 in one sec
- In air brake system, brake should not apply when the rate of drop of air pressure in BP is –
- 3 Kg/cm2 in 60 sec (b) 0.4 Kg/cm2 in 4 sec
(c) 0.5 Kg/cm2 in 30 sec (d) 0.8 Kg/cm2 in 8 sec
- The function of non-return valve used in air brake system is –
- To reduce BP (b) To prevent flow of air from AR to FP
(c) To prevent CR to be charged (d) To prevent flow of air from CR to BP
- Which equipment are not charged, when DV is isolated
- Control reservoir and brake cylinder (b) Brake cylinder
(c) Control reservoir auxiliary reservoir (d) Auxiliary reservoir and brake cylinder
- The vent hole is provided in the cut off angle cock to (when angle cock is closed)
- Exhaust air pressure of air hose into atmosphere (b)The amount of vacuum
(c) To arrest air pressure from air hose (d) None of the above
- What is the thickness of roof sheet in ICF coach?
(a) 2.1 mm (b) 1.9 mm (c) 1.8 mm (d) 1.6 mm
- Water tank capacity of ICF coach is –
- 1600 litre (b) 1800 litre (c) 1500 litre (d) 2000 litre
- Under shung tank capacity of roof mounted AC coaches fitted with WRA system is –
- 1600 Litre (b) 1700 Litre (c) 1800 Litre (d) 2000 Litre
- What is the meaning of WSP?
- Water speed protection (b) Wheel slide protection
(c) Wheel solid profile (d) None of the above
- Minimum and Maximum air pressure required for WRA is –
(a) 0.35 Kg/cm2& 0.75 Kg/cm2 (b) 0.45 Kg/cm2 & 0.5 Kg/Cm2
(c) 0.55 Kg/cm2 & 0.6 Kg/cm2 (d) 0.65 Kg/cm2& 0.75 Kg/cm2
- Sole bar of ICF coach consists of –
- Z section (b) I section (c) Y section (d) U section
- What capacity of the equalizing stays of the shatabdi ?
- 22 tons (b) 20 tons (c) 16 tons (d) 14 tons
- What is amount of the oil per side bearer in ICF coaches?
- 2 letter (b) 1.6 letter (c) 2.5 letter (d) 2.2 letter
- What is the distance between side bearers of ICF coach?
(a) 1560 mm (b) 1590 mm (c) 1600 mm (d) 1610 mm
- What is the oil level in dashpot?
(a) 50.0 mm (b) 40.0 mm (c) 75.0 mm (d) 90.0 mm
Carriage & Wagon -Objective Questions with Answers
- What should be the interval of check the dashpot oil in mail/Express train?
- 15 days (b) 25 days (c) one month (d) two month
- What is the amount of oil per dashpot in 40-mm depth in modified guide arrangement?
- 6 Litre (b) 2.5 Litre (c) 2.2 Litre (d) 1.9 Litre
- What is the interval of check the side bearer oil?
- One month (b) 25 days (c) 15 days (d) 10 days
- In bogie mounted air brake systems, the No of brake cylinder in a coach are (a) 8 (b) 6 (c) 2 (d) 4
- The weight of the coach is transferred through –
- Side bearer (b) Equalizing stay (c) Helical spring (d) Bolster
- Center pivot pin does not transmit any –
- Horizontal load (b) Tractive (c) Breaking force (d) Vertical force
- New dimension of side bearers wearing plate is –
(a) 10.0 mm (b) 12.0 mm (c) 14.0 mm (d) 16.0 mm
- What is shop renewal dimension of side bearer wearing plate?
(a) 10.0 mm (b) 9.0 mm (c) 8.0 mm (d) 7.5 mm
- Condemning size of side bearer wearing plate is –
(a) 10.0 mm (b) 9.0 mm (c) 8.50 mm (d) 7.50 mm
- Newly dimension of side bearer wearing pieces is –
(a) 45.0 mm (b) 44.0 mm (c) 43.0 mm (d) 42.0 mm
- Shop renewal size of side bearer wearing piece is –
(a) 45.0 mm (b) 44.50 mm (c) 43.50 mm (d) 42.50 mm
- What is the condemning size of side bearer wearing piece?
(a) 45.0 mm (b) 44.0 mm (c) 43.0 mm (d) 42.0 mm
- Diagonal gauge for axle guide of 13 t & 16.25 t bogie is –
(a) 3912± 1.0 mm (b) 3812± 1.0 mm (c) 3712± 1.0 mm (d) 3612± 1.0 mm
- Which type brake system, external slack adjuster have been eliminated?
- BMBC (b) UMBS (c) BMBS & UMBS (d) None of the above
- What is the modification of equalizing stay rod?
- Fitted 16 tons in all coaches (b) fitted 18 t o tons in all coaches
(c) Fitted 14 tons in all coaches (d) none of the above
- The color code of helical spring of ICF bogie is –
- Yellow, blue, green (b) Yellow, red, green
(c) White, blue, green (d) White, red, green
- What type of axle guidance arrangement used in ICF/RCF bogie?
- Oil clamping (b) Telescopic axle guide with oil damping
(c) Vertical oil damping (d) pneumatic axle guide
- One of the function of Anchor links?
- To joint bolster and side frame
(b) To prevent rational movement of bolster
- To connect with upper plank and lower plank
- None of the above
- Which type of grease used in roller bearing in ICF coach?
- Servo –20 (b) Lithium base (c) Servo –40 (d) Graphite –20
- What quantity of grease filled per axle box of SKF make bearing?
(a) 1.75 kg (b) 2.00 kg (c) 2.25 kg (d) 2.5 kg
- What quantity of grease filled per axle box of other than SKF make bearing?
(a) 1.75 kg (b) 2.00 kg (c) 2.25 kg (d) 2.5 kg
- LHB coaches are provided with what type of bearing?
- Spherical type (b) Plain bearing (c) CTRB (d) None of the above
- In air brake coach, PEAV & PEASD is connected to branch pipe is –
- FP (b) BP (c) BC (d) DV
- The pulling force required for alarm chain testing should not be more then –
(a) 12 kg (b) 10 kg (c) 20 kg (d) 30 kg
- What is the choke size of PEAV
(a) 4.0 mm (b) 5.0 mm (c) 6.0 mm (d) 8.0 mm
- What is the chock size of Guard emergency brake valve?
(a) 8.0 mm (b) 6.0 mm (c) 5.0 mm (d) 4.0 mm
- At what schedule, the over hauling and testing of alarm chain apparatus is done
- ‘A’ schedule (b) ‘B’ schedules
(c) ‘C’ schedule (d) Special schedule
- The full name of PEAV is –
- Power energy valve (b) Passenger entrance valve
(c) Passenger emergency alarm valve (d) Pipe emergency valve
- PEAV & PEASD can be isolated by-
- Isolate isolating cock between branch pipe of BP & DV
- Isolate isolating cock between branch pipe of FP& BP
(c) Isolate isolating cock fitted in branch pipe
- Isolate isolating cock of BC
- What is the free height of 16.25 tons axle box spring?
(a) 360 mm (b) 365 mm (c) 375 mm (d) 380 mm
- What is the free height of non-AC coach axle box spring?
(a) 355 mm (b) 360 mm (c) 367 mm (d) 370 mm
- Free height of all non-AC ICF type axle box spring is –
(a) 375 mm (b) 372 mm (c) 360 mm (d) 315 mm
- Free height of AC ICF type bolster coil spring is –
(a) 375 mm (b) 385 mm (c) 400 mm (d) 416 mm
- What is co lour code of ‘A’ group coil spring is
- Yellow (b) Green (c) oxford blue (d) White
- What is co lour code of ‘B’ group coil spring is –
- Oxford blue (b) White (c) Green (d) Yellow
- What is co lour code of ‘C’ group coil spring is –
- Oxford blue (b) White (c) Green (d) Yellow
- Piston stroke (coach) of bogie mounted brake cylinder is –
(a) 28 mm (b) 32 mm (c) 36 mm (d) 38 mm
- In BMBS hole adjustment of curved pull rod to be done when wheel diameter reaches to –
- 839 mm (b) 842 mm (c) 846 mm (d) None of the above
- Permissible variations in wheel tread diameter for four-wheeled bogie on the same axle on BG is
–(while turning the wheel)
(a) 0.5 mm (b) 0.49 mm (c) 0.30 mm (d) 0.45 mm
- Permissible variations in wheel tread diameter on the same coach on BG is –(while turning the wheel)
(a) 12.0 mm (b) 10.0 mm (c) 11.0 mm (d) 13.0 mm
- Permissible variations in wheel tread diameter for the same bogie on BG is -(while turning the wheel)
(a) 10.0 mm (b) 7.0 mm (c) 5.0 mm (d) 8.0 mm
- The axle load of AC coaches is –
(a) 22.0 tons (b) 16.25 tons (c) 15.0 tons (d) 14.50 tons
- Axle load capacity of generator (WLLRM) coach is –
(a) 16.0 tons (b) 16.25 tons (c) 15.0 tons (d) 20.30 tons
- The use of 13 tons axle load bogie is in –
- PVH (b) AC (c) Power Car (d) Non AC
- Flat faces on BG coach is permitted up to –
(a) 60.0 mm (b) 50.0 mm (c) 75.0 mm (d) 90.0 mm
- High speed ICF coach condemning flange thickness is –
(a) 14.0 mm (b) 13.0 mm (c) 22.0 mm (d) 10.0 mm
- Lateral movements of wheels are controlled by –
- Axle Guide (b) Journal center (c) roller bearing (d) Desh pot
- Bogie wheelbase of ICF/ RCF all coil bogies are –
(a) 2896 mm (b) 2986 mm (c) 2886 mm (d) 2997 mm
- Min shop issue size of ICF solid wheel is –
(a) 837 mm (b) 870 mm (c) 854 mm (d) 8746 mm
- Flange thickness of new BG wheel coach is –
(a) 28.0 mm (b) 28.50 mm (c) 29.50 mm (d) 27.50 mm
- The radius of the root of flange of new BG wheel is –
(a) 14.0 mm (b) 16.0 mm (c) 18.0 mm (d) 19.0 mm
- Condemning height of flange on tread on BG wheel is –
(a) 30.0 mm (b) 32.0 mm (c) 34.0 mm (d) 35.0 mm
- Condemning size of radius at the top of flange (Sharp flange) of BG main line coach wheel is – (a) 0 mm (b) 5.0 mm (c) 10.0 mm (d) 12.0 mm
- Means of WRA is –
- Water raising apparatus (b) White race assistance
(c) Water recording agreement (d) None of the above
- Permissible variation in new wheel tread diameter on the same axle on BG bogie wagon is – (a) 45 mm (b) 0.5 mm (c) 0.35 mm (d) 0.3 mm
- Permissible variation in wheel tread diameter on the same trolley of BG wagon while changing the wheel is –
(a) 10 mm (b) 13 mm (c) 12 mm (d) 15 mm
- Permissible variation in wheel tread diameter on the same wagon of BG while changing the wheel is –
(a) 13 mm (b) 25 mm (c) 30 mm (d) 28 mm
- The composite Brake block in yard for air Bk. train should be changed when thickness is
(a) 10.0 mm (b) 15.0 mm (c) 20.0 mm (d) 25.0 mm
- Of which brake van the quick coupling is the part-
- BVZT (b) BVZX (c) BVZC (d) BVZM
- What is the length over Headstock of the BOXN wagon?
(a) 9774 mm (b) 9784 mm (c) 9777 mm (d) 9848 mm
- Tare weight of the BOXN wagon is –
(a) 22.37 tons. (b) 22.47 tons. (c) 22.91 tons. (d) 22.90 tons.
- What is the length over couplers of the BOXN wagon?
(a) 10713 mm (b) 10813 mm (c) 11002 mm (d) 10100 mm
- What is the length over couplers of the BCN wagon?
(a) 15400 mm (b) 15443 mm (c) 15429 mm (d) 15562 mm
- Gross load of the BOXN wagon is –
(a) 78.92 t (b) 81.28 T (c) 86.78 t (d) 88.81 t
- In accident manual, train parting is under –
- J class (b) K class (c) C class (d) P class
- Newly built BOXN wagon first POH periodicity is –
- 5 year (b) 5.5 year (c) 6.0 year (d) 6.5 year
- Newly built BLC containers wagon first POH periodicity is –
- 5 year (b) 2.0 year (c) 6.0 year (d) 3.5 year
- Board gauge track gauge is –
(a) 1676 mm (b) 1667 mm (c) 1698 mm (d) 1500 mm
- POH of BG brake van is –
- 5 year (b) 2.0 year (c) 2.5 year (d) 3.0 year
- Torque value of Cartridge type roller bearing cap screw is –
(a) 42.0 kg-m. (b) 40.0 kg-m. (c) 38.0 kg-m. (d) 44.0 kg-m.
- C- class ODC shall be moved during –
- Day light (b) Day-night time
(c) Only night time (d) None of the above
- In air brake system, the thread joints are tightened with which type of tape?
- Cello tape (b) Teflon tape
(c) Paper tape (d) None of the above
- Instructions for inspection and maintenance of BOXN wagon fitted with CASNUB bogies and air brake system, What RDSO’s technical pamphlet is used?
(a) G-90 (b) G-70 (c) G-97 (d) WT- 77
- Instructions for inspection and maintenance of CASNUB bogies, What RDSO’s technical pamphlet is used?
(a) G-97 (b) G-86 (c) G-90 (d) G- 95
- As per new wagon numbering scheme, first two digits will indicate-
- Owning Railway (b) Type of wagon (c) Year of manufacture (d) Cheek digit
- What do you mean by PME?
- Pre medical examination (b) Pre maintenance examination
(c) Periodical maintenance examination (d) Power mechanical equipment
- What do you mean by CC rakes?
- Content contact (b) Close circuit rake
(c) Complete coal rake (d) All the above
- The minimum permissible buffer height above rail line to center of H/ Stock under loaded condition is –
(a) 1105 mm (b) 1145 mm (c) 1115 mm (d) 1030 mm
- Standard diameter of knuckle pivot pin is –
(a) 50 mm (b) 43 mm (c) 41.28 mm (d) 34 mm
- Standard dimension of shank wear plate for AAR coupler is –
- 12 mm (b) 8 mm (c) 6 mm (d) 14 mm
- Standard dimension of distance between the nose of Knuckle and guard arm is –
(a) 140 mm (b) 150 mm (c) 127 mm (d) 12 mm
- The maximum permissible free slack in the draft gear in service is –
(a) 35 mm (b) 30 mm (c) 25 mm (d) 20 mm
- of CBC gauge are –
(a) 5 (b) 8 (c) 12 (d) 2
- The high capacity draft gears are –
(a) Mark -20 & RF-401 (b) Mark 50 & RF361
(c) CF 21& RF-600 (d) DF 39 & RF-21
- To Adjust buffer height for 930 mm wheel diameter on BCN wagon except CASNUB 22 W, packing piece used is –
(a) 38 mm (b) 37 mm (c) 33 mm (d) 32 mm
- What type of center buffer coupler used in Indian Railway?
- APRT type (b) AARP type (c) AAR type (d) ARPA type
- The working strength of center buffer coupler is –
(a) 100 t (b) 120 t (c) 140 t (d) 180 t
- The tractive effort of the Loco to the individual wagons is transmitted with the help of –
- CBC (b) Draw gear (c) Knuckle (d) Side frame
- Clevis and Clevis pin are the part of –
- Alliance- II coupler (b) Non- Transition coupler
(c) Transition coupler (d) Draw bar
- Standard diameters of wheel on BOXN Wagon is – (a) 1010 & 900 mm (b) 1000 & 906 mm
(c) 950 & 906 mm (d) 906 & 813 mm
- The axle load of BOXN, BCN, BRN, BOBR, BTPN wagon is –
(a) 22.9 t (b) 20.32 t (c) 16.6 t (d) 12.2 t
- The wheel gauge should be measured on –
- Off load condition (b) Loaded wagon (c) Both condition (d) Empty wagon
- The lowest wheel dia permitted by workshop for BOXN wagon is –
(a) 919 mm (b) 906 mm (c) 925 mm (d) 860 mm
- In CTRB the grease use per Axle box is –
(a) 455 ±30 gms (b) 490±15 gms (c) 500±35 gms (d) 550±20 gms
- The condemning diameter of BTPN wheel is –
(a) 813 mm (b) 990 mm (c) 906 mm (d) 860 mm
- Permissible maximum flat surface on tread on other BG wagon are –
(a) 75 mm (b) 60 mm (c) 75 mm (d) 70 mm
- What is an integrated portion of the axle?
- Cap (b) Roller bearing
(c) Journal (d) None of the above
- Standard dimension ‘e’ in SAB on Goods stock is – (a)550 to 570 mm (b)555 to 575 mm
(c)570 to 580 mm (d)555 to 565 mm
- The colour coding of distributor valve of air brake goods stock is –
- Yellow (b) Black (c) Green (d) White
- In air brake end-to end rakes, After intensive examination validity of BPC remain up to the –
- Next station (b) Loading point (c) Destination point (d) 72 Hours
- Control rod diameter of air brake wagon is –
(a) 30 mm (b) 32 mm (c) 38 mm (d) 40 mm
- Piston stroke of BOXN wagon in empty conditions is –
(a) 85±10 mm (b) 70±15 mm (c) 75±5 mm (d) 80±10 mm
- Piston stroke of BOXN wagon in loaded conditions is –
(a) 140±15 mm (b) 130±10 mm (c) 120±15 mm (d) 125±15 mm
- In air brake stock, BPC becomes invalid, if the rake is stabled in any examination yard for more than-
- 24 hours (b) 36 hours (c) 48 hours (d) 12 hours
- Dirt collector of a wagon should be cleaned within-
- At the time of ROH (b) 2 month (c) 6 month (d) 3 month
- What is the capacity of control reservoir in goods train?
- 4 (b) 6 Lit (c) 8 Lit. (d) 10 Lit.
- The BP pressure in Brake Van of 56 -BOXN wagon load should not be less than – (a) 4.5kg/ Cm2 (b) 3.7 kg/ Cm2 (c) 4.8 kg/ Cm2 (d) 5.8kg/ Cm2
- When we release manually KE type DV, the air pressure release form –
- CR & AR (b) BC & AR (c) CR & BC (d) AR & DV
- The diameter of branch pipe of BP to DV for wagon is –
(a) 25 mm (b) 20 mm (c) 13 mm (d) 22 mm
- ‘A’ dimension in Boxn wagon is –
mm (b) 172±3 mm (c) 175±4 mm (d) 175+1mm
- For testing Air pressure locomotive the test plate hole diameter is-
(a) 8.2 mm (b) 7.5 mm (c) 9.5 mm (d) 10 mm
- The diameter of air brake cylinder BOXN wagon is-
(a) 300 mm (b) 355 mm (c) 360 mm (d) 315 mm
- The diameter of air bake cylinder in BVZC (Wagon) is –
(a) 300 mm (b) 295 mm (c) 305 mm (d) 315 mm
- The capacity of Auxiliary Reservoir (wagon) in air brake except Bk.Van is-
- 200 litre (b) 100 litre (c) 300 litre (d) 150 litre
- In Single pipe system the time taken in releasing of the wagon brake is-
(a) 60 Sec. (b) 120 Sec. (c) 210 Sec. (d) 90 Sec.
- Distance between the control rod head and the barrel of SAB is named as –
- ‘E’ dimensions (b) ‘C’ dimension (c) ‘A’ dimension (d) “d” dimension
- The capacity of compressor machine for air brake testing of rake is –
(a) 12-15 Kg/ Cm2 (b) 8-10 Kg/ Cm2 (c) 7-12 Kg/ Cm2 (d) 7-8 Kg/ Cm2
- At the originating point, minimum brake power of premium end-to-end rake is – (a) 85% (b) 95% (c) 90% (d) 98%
- The brake power of CC rake from nodal point is –
(a) 90% (b) 100% (d) 85% (d) 75%
- Brake power certified issued for Premium end-to-end rakes will be valid for –
- 10+5 days (b) 12+3 days (c) 15+3 days (d) one month
- What is the function of DC (Dirt collector)?
- Collect dirt (b) Collect air (c) Clean air (d) Clean CR
- How much pressure should drop in a minute after putting a test plate in locomotive?
(a) 0.8 Kg/ Cm2 (b) 1.0 Kg/ Cm2 (c) 1.2 Kg/ Cm2 (d) 1.5 Kg/ Cm2
- The colour for brake power certificate for Premium end-to-end rake is-
- Green (b) White (c) Pink (d) Yellow
- For testing DV the time required for brake cylinder draining from 3.8 to .04 kg/cm2 is – (a) 30-40 sec (b) 40-50 sec (c) 45-60 sec (d) 50-75 sec
- What is the piston stroke of BVZC wagons?
(a) 50±10 mm (b) 70±10 mm (c) 85±10 mm (d) 90± 5 mm
- What is the empty piston stroke of BOBR/BOBRN wagon is –
(a) 70±10 mm (b) 75±10 mm (c) 80±10 mm (d) 100±10 mm
- ‘A’ dimension of the BOBRN wagon is –
(a) 29±2 0 mm (b) 27± 2 0 mm (c) 33± 2 mm (d) 25±5 mm
- What is the colour of BPC of air brake CC rake?
- Red (b) Pink (c) Green (d) Yellow
- Control rod of SAB when rotated for one round, control rod head moves by a distance of (a) 0 mm (b) 4.0 mm (c) 2.0 mm (d) 1.0 mm
- In wagon, hand brake is used when –
- Standing in yard (b) Running in down gradient
(c) Running in up gradient (d) None of the above
- SAB adjust clearance between –
- Wheel and brake block (b) Tie Rod and Brake block
(c) Anchor pin to control rod (d) None of the above
- The M.R. pressure of engine should be-
(a) 6.0 to 8.0 Kg/ Cm2 (b) 8.0 to 10.0 Kg/ Cm2
(c) 10.0 to 12.0 Kg/ Cm2 (d) 12.0 to 15.0 Kg/ Cm2
- What do you mean of SWTR?
- Single wagon test rubber (b) Single wagon test rig
(c) Sliding wagon test ring (d) None of the above
- If C3W type DV is manually released, pressure is released from –
- AR (b) Control reservoir
(c) Brake cylinder (d) All above
- To uncouple BP or FP air hose it is essential to
- Open adjacent angle cock (b) Close adjacent angle cocks
(c) Close supply of air from loco (d) None of the above
- The Empty Load Device indicator plate shows –
- Yellow empty, black loaded (b) Blue empty, black loaded
(c) White empty, black loaded (d) black empty, blue loaded
- The first step of releasing brake binding in conventional A/B system is to –
- Open vent plug of BC (b) Rotate SAB
(c) Take out pin of SAB (d) Isolate DV & release manually.
- The Type of dirt collector, used in wagon is –
- 2-way (b) 3-way
(c) Branch pipe of BP to DV (d) In BP
- The function of Return spring provided in air brake cylinder is –
- To push the spring out side the piston
(b) To push the piston inside the cylinder
- To push the deed lever
- To push the control rod
- Standard thickness of UIC/CASNUB bogies composite brake block is-
(a) 60 mm (b) 45 mm (c) 55 mm (d) 58 mm
- How many side frame fitted in CASNUB trolley / bogie?
(a) 2 (b) 1 (c) 3 (d) Nil
- What is the axle load of CASNUB trolley?
(a) 19.2 ton (b) 22.9 ton (c) 20.3 ton. (d) 20.9 ton
- What is the new wheel diameter CASNUB 22 w (Retrofitted)?
(a) 1000 mm (b) 960 mm (c) 956 mm (d) 946 mm
- What type of pivot used in CASNUB 22WM, 22NL and other type of CASNUB trolley?
- IRS type (b) Spherical type (c) other type
- What is the nominal leteral clearance between side frame & axle box/adopter Casnub 22NL, 22NLB, 22HS bogie?
(a) 18 mm (b) 16 mm (c) 22 mm (d) 25 mm
- What is the standard inclination on wheel tread?
(a) 1 in 20 (b) 1 in 22 (c) 1 in 18 (d) 1 in 25
- How many types of adopters used in CASNUB trolley?
(a) 2 (b) 1 (c) 3 (d) 4
- Condemning size of elastomeric pad for Casnub bogie is –
(a) 44 mm (b) 43 mm (c) 42 mm (d) 40 mm
- Nominal dimension of side bearer rubber pad for Casnub bogie is –
(a) 114 mm (b) 116 mm (c) 118 mm (d) 120 mm
- Condemning size of side bearer rubber pad for Casnub bogie is –
(a) 111 mm (b) 110 mm (c) 109 mm (d) 108 mm
- What type of side bearers fitted in CASNUB 22HS trolley?
- Metal CC type (b) Spring loaded CC type side bearer & PU type
(c) Roller type (d) none of the above
- Which types of steel are used in side frame column friction plates of Casnub bogie?
- Mild steel (b) Carbon steel
© Silico manganese steel (d) None of the above
- What is the standard inclination on wheel flange?
(a) 1 in 5 (b) 1 in 2.5 (c) 1 in 10 (d) 1 in 20
- Pay load of BTPN tank wagon is –
(a) 58.88 tons (b) 54.28 tons (c) 55.80 tons (d) 52.3 tons
- Axle load of BTPN tank wagon is –
(a) 20.32 tons (b) 22.35 tons (c) 21.35 tons (d) 25.22 tons
- Cleaning of bitumen barrel is carried out with –
- Kerosene oil (b) patrol (c) ledium (d) None of the above
- Name the type of coupling used in BLC wagon?
- CBC & Slack Less Drawbar (b) HT CBC
(c) Screw coupling (d) Slackness drew bars
- Barrel length of BTPN tank wagon is –
(a) 11460 mm (b) 11550 mm (c) 11458 mm (d) 12100 mm
- Barrel diameter of BTPN tank wagon is –
(a) 2860 mm (b) 2850 mm (c) 2840 mm (d) 2830 mm
- The mechanical code of bogie Petrol tank wagon fitted with pneumatic brake is –
- BTPN (b) LBM (c) LBM (d) LCT
- The mechanical code of caustic soda tank wagon is –
- CTB & CTBS (b) TCS & BTCS (c) THA & BTCS (d) TCS& MBTS
- Codal life of Tank wagon is –
- 35 year (b) 45 year (c) 50 year (d) 25 year
- In the tank wagon, close the vapour extractor cock after –
- Un loading (b) Loading (c) Running (d) None of the above
- Working pressure of BTPN safety valve is –
(a) 1.4 Kg/cm2 (b) 4.1 Kg/cm2 (c) 2.1 Kg/cm2 (d) 1.2 Kg/cm2
- Interval of ROH in BTPN tank wagon is –
- 16 month (b) 20 month
(c) 18 month (d) 24 month
- Cleaning of H2SO4 tank wagon is carried out with –
- Lithium phosphate (b) Sodium phosphate
(c) Bromide phosphate (d) None of the above
- Air tightens test pressure of master valve is –
(a) 0.35 to .056 kg/ Cm2 (b) 0.45 to 0.65 kg/ Cm2
(c) 0.65 to 0.75 kg/ Cm2 (d) None of the above
- What is the location of safety valves fitted in liquefied petroleum gas tank wagon?
- Inside dome (b) Outside dome
(c) Outside on barrel (d) None of the above
- Condemning limit of BLC wheel set is –
(a) 900 mm (b) 800 mm (c) 670 mm (d) 780 mm
- For lifting the container, force required to lift the container on automatic twist lock is- (a) 1050 Kg (b) 1000 Kg (c) 1100 Kg (d) 11590 Kg
- In place of empty load box what device is used in BLC wagon?
- BSD (b) LSD (c) SDF (d) SAB
- What is the material specification of BLC wagon trolley?
- Cast steel (b) Low cast steel (c) Steel (d) Micro steel
- Length of over Slack less draw bar for B-car of BLC wagon is –
(a) 14566 mm (b) 13156 mm (c) 12212 mm (d) 14763 mm
- The standard height of platform for BLC wagon from Rail level is –
(a) 1010 mm (b) 1015 mm (c) 1009 mm (d) 1100 mm
- The axle load capacity of BLC wagon is –
(a) 20.10 ton. (b) 20.32 ton. (c) 21.10 ton. (d) 23.10 ton.
- The tare weight of A-car of BLC wagon is –
(a) 21.20 ton. (b) 19.10 ton. (c) 19.80 ton. (d) 20.22 ton.
- The tare weight of B- car of BLC wagon is –
(a) 18.10 ton. (b) 19.10 ton. (c) 19.80 ton. (d) 20.20 ton.
- Length of over Headstock to Headstock for A-car of BLC wagon is –
(a) 13650 mm (b) 13625 mm (c) 13555 mm (d) 13365 mm
- In BLC wagon, height of slackness drowbar system from Rail level is –
(a) 890 mm (b) 848 mm (c) 845 mm (d) 910 mm
- How many automatic twist locks used in BLC wagon?
(a) 6 (b) 8 (c) 10 (d) 12
- Rake carrying capacity of the BLC wagon is –
- 40 wagons (b) 45 wagons (c) 40 wagons (d) 48 wagons
- Which type of side bearer arrangement used in BLC trolley?
- Elestromatic (b) constant contact type
(c) Spring loaded side bearer and PU pad (d) None of the above
- Which type of trolley used in BLC wagon?
- UIC trolley (b) Cast steel bogie type LCCF 20 (C)
(c) IRS trolley (d) Diamond frame trolley
- For automatic locking & for lifting of automatic twist lock how much force is Kg required, respectively?
(a) 600 & 1000 Kg (b) 800 & 1200 Kg
(c) 1000 & 500 Kg (d) 500 & 1350 Kg
- What type of roller bearing used in BLC wagon?
- Cartage type (b) tapered two-row cartridge roller bearing
(c) Sparical type (d) plan bearing
- What is the loading capacity of containers in BLC wagon?
- Two 20′ or one 40′ (b) Two 22′ or one 45′
(c) Three 15′ or two 20 ‘ (d) Two 20′ or one 45’
ART – Accident Relief Train
AAR – Association of American rail road
ACD – Anti collision device
ADD – Auto driving device
AITUC – All India trade unions congress BOLT – Built operate lease transfer
BOOT – Built operate own transfer
BOT – Built operate transfer
BIS – Bereau of Indian standards CTRB – Catridge Tapered Roller Bearing
COFMOW – Central Organization for Modernization of workshops
CONCERT – Countrywide Online Networking computer enhanced Reservation and Ticking CRIS – Centre for Railway Information System
CCRS – Chief Commissioner of Railway Safety CRS – Commissioner of Railway Safety
CWR – Continuous Welded Rail CONCOR – Container Corporation of India Ltd.
COIS – Coaching Operations Information System COEA – Cabinet committee on Economic affairs CORE – Central organization of Railway electrification CPM – Critical Path method
CRA – Central record keeping agency
C-TRAM – Centre for Transportation Research and Management.
CMS – Crew Management System or Chief Medical Superintendent C-TARA – Centralised Training Academy for Railway Accounts DMRC – Delhi Metro Railway Corporation
DHRC – Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Society DRF – Depreciation Reserve funds
DF – Development fund
EOL – Engine on Load
EBD – Emergency Braking distance
FOIS – Freight operated Information system FWP – Final works program
PWP – Preliminary works program LSWP – Lump sum works program GSM-R – Global system mobile – Relays GPS – Global positioning system.
GTR – Gross Traffic Receipt
HOER – Hours of Employment regulation
HRD – Hydraulic Rescue Device/ Human Resource Development
HDPE – High Densile Poly Ethylene
IBRD – International Bank for Reconstruction and Development IRCTC – Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation
IVRS – Interactive Voice Response System CAMTECH – Centre for Advanced Maintenance Technology ICF -Integral Coach Factory
ICBM – Inter continental ballistic missiles. IRT – Institute of Rail Transport
IRCA – Indian Railway Conference Association IRWO – Indian Railway welfare organisation IRWWO – Indian Railway Women welfare organization ITES – Integrated Train Enquiry System
IRFC – Indian Railway Finance corporation
IRICEN – Indian Railway Institute of Civil Engineering
IRISET – Indian Railway Institute of Signal Engineering and Telecommunication ISKCON – International society for krishna Conscious
IRIMEE – Indian Railway Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering IRIEE – Indian Railway Institute of Electrical Engineering
IRMP – Integrated Railway Modernisation Plan ISMD – Infringing standard moving dimensions. MMD – Maximum Moving Dimensions.
JCM – Joint Consultative Machinary KRCL – Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. LWR – Long weld rail
LLE – Life line express
LSD – Load sensing decvice
LAW – List of approved works LVCD – Last vehicle check device
MEMU – Main line electrical multiple unit MTRC – Mobile train radio communication MRVC – Mumbai Rail vikas corporation MMTS – Multi modal Transport system MRTS – Mass rapid transport system MMU – Mobile maintenance units
MHALFC – Multimodal high axle load freight corridor NTES – National Train enquiry system
NRVY – National Rail vikas yojana
NASDAQ – National association for stock dealer and quotes OYWS – Own your wagon scheme
PSLV – Polar satellite launching vehicle
PERT – Programme evaluation review technique POET – Passenger operated enquiry terminal PQRS – Placer quick relaying system
PRCL – Pipavan Railway corporation Ltd. RADAR – Radio detection and ranging RCRV – Rail cum road vehicle
RAILS – Railway analysis and interactive line simulator RRB – Railway Recruitment Board
RRC – Railway reforms committee RLDA – Rail land development authority
RRT – Railway rates tribunal
RSRC – Railway safety review committee RFFC – Railway freight and fare committee SRSF – Special railway safety fund
SSI – Solid state interlocking
SWR – Short welded rail
SPTM – Self printing ticketing machine SPAD – Signal passed at Danger
SPART – Self propelled Accident Relief Train
SAARC – South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation SIEGRM – Single window integrated grievances Redressal machinery SEJ – Switch expansion joint.
TOT – Transfer of Technology
TPWS – Train protection and warning system TAWD – Train activated warning device USFD – Ultrasonic flaw detector
TTM – Track tamping machine
UTS – Un reserved ticketing system
UHDMWPE – Ultra high density molecular weight poly ethylene WIS – Wagon investment scheme
WILD – Wheel impact load detector
BLC -Bogie low height container flat wagon. BWL -Bogie well wagon
CLW -Chittranjan locomotive works.
CPB -Common pipe bracket
CRB -Chairman Railway board D&AR -Discipline and appeal Rules. DLW -Diesel locomotive works DMRC -Delhi metro rail corporation Ltd. DCW -Diesel component works
HSD -High speed diesel.
IRCON -Indian railway construction corporation Ltd. LHB -Link Halfman Boseh
ODC -Over dimensional consignment.
RCF -Rail coach factory.
RITES -Rail India technical and economy services Ltd. RSC -Railway staff college.
RWF -Rail wheel Factory.
WWP -Worn wheel profile
|C||4 Wheeler covered Wagon|
|CA||4 Wheeler covered for cattle|
|CJ||4 Wheeler covered for Jute|
|CE||4 Wheeler covered for Explosives|
|BC||Covered Bogie Wagon|
|KC||4 Wheeler Open Wagon|
|BKC||Open Bogie Wagon|
|CRT||4 Wheeler Covered Roller Bearing and Transition Coupling|
|CRC||4 Wheeler Covered Roller Bearing with CBC|
|BOX||All Welded Open Bogie Wagon|
|BOXC||All Welded Open Bogie Wagon with CBC|
|BOXT||All Welded Open Bogie Wagon with Transition coupling|
|BOXR||All Welded Open Bogie Wagon with Screw coupling|
|BCX||All Welded Covered Bogie Wagon|
|BCXC||All Welded Covered Bogie Wagon with CBC|
|BCXT||All Welded Covered Bogie Wagon with Transition coupling|
|BOXN||All Welded Open Bogie Wagon with CBC Air Brake|
|BCN||All Welded Covered Bogie Wagon with CBC Air Brake|
|BTP/TP||Bogie /4 Wheeler Tank Wagon Petrol|
|BTK/TK||Bogie/4 wheeler tank wagon Kerosene|
|BTM/TM||Bogie/4 wheeler tank wagon Molasses.|
|BTV/TV||Bogie/4 wheeler tank wagon vegetable oil|
|BTX/TX||Bogie /4 wheeler tank wagon liquid chloride.|
|BWT/WT||Bogie/4 wheeler tank wagon water.|
|BTR/TR||Bogie/4 wheeler tank wagon Coal tar|
|BTS/TS||Bogie/4 wheeler tank wagon Country spirit|
|BTPG/TPG||Bogie/4 wheeler tank wagon LPG (Liquid petroleum gas)|
|BTPN||Bogie tank wagon petrol Air brake|
|BTPGN||Bogie tank wagon LPG with Air brake|
|BFR||Bogie Flat wagon Rails|
|BFK||Bogie Container wagon|
|BKH||Bogie Open wagon Hopper|
|BOI||Bogie Condola wagon|
|BOY||Bogie open Ore wagon|
|BOBY||Bogie Hopper wagon with centre&side discharge|
|BOBR||Bogie Hopper wagon with Rapid discharge|
|BFU||Bogie well wagon|
|MBFU||Bogie well wagon Military|
|BWL||Bogie well wagon|
|BWS||Bogie well wagon 132 Tons|
|BWH||Bogie well wagon 91.4 Tons|
|BWT||Bogie well wagon 81.28 Tons|
|BFT/FT||Bogie /4 wheeler wagon Timber|
|FTT||Timber truck twin|
|BOM||Bogie open Military|
|BVGT||Guard Brake van with Transition Coupling|
|BV||Guard Brake van with Screw Coupling|
|BVZC||Guard Brake van with CBC & Air Brake System|
|BCW||Bogie Bulk Cement wagon|
|BRN||Bogie Flat wagon open with Air Brake.|
|MBC||Meter gauge Covered Bogie wagon|
|MBKC||Meter gauge Open Bogie wagon|
|MBTP||Meter gauge Bogie Tank wagon Petrol|
|KF||4 wheeler Open Flat|
|KL||Low side 4 wheeler Open wagon|
|KM||4 wheeler Open Wagon Military|
TRANSPORTATION CODES FOR COACHES
|S. No.||TRANSPORTATION CODE||DETAILS|
|1||ART||ACCIDENT AND TOOL VAN OR RELIEF VAN|
|3||CTS||TOURIST CAR FOR 2ND CLASS PASSENGERS|
|4||CZACEN||AIR CONDITIONED CHAIR CAR WITH END ON GENERATION|
|5||ERR||FOUR / SIX WHEELER|
|6||ERU||FOUR / SIX WHEELER SELF PROPELLED TOWER VAN|
|7||FCS||FIRST CLASS COUPE AND SECOND CLASS|
|8||FSCN||FIRST CUM II CLASS 3-TIER SLEEPER|
|9||GS||SECOND CLASS FITTED WITH SELF GENERATING EQUIPMENT|
|10||LR||LUGGAGE WITH BRAKE VAN|
|11||NMG||NEW MODIFIED GOODS|
|12||OHE||OVER HEAD EQUIPEMNT INSPECTION CAR|
|13||PPS||FULL BOGIE POSTAL VAN|
|14||RA||INSPECTION CARRIAGE ( ADMINISTRATIVE)|
|15||RAAC||AIR CONDITIONED INSPECTION CAR|
|16||RD||INSPECTION CARRIAGE (SUBORDINATE)|
|17||RE||INSTRUCTION VAN (MOBILE TRAINING CAR)|
|19||RHV||AUXILIARY MEDICAL VAN|
|23||RT||ACCIDENT AND TOOL VAN OR RELIEF VAN|
|24||RZ||TRACK RECORDING CAR|
|25||SLR||SECOND CLASS LUGGAGE AND BRAKE VAN|
|26||SMN||POWER CAR WITH MID ON GENERATION|
|28||VPC||PARCEL VAN CONVERTED|
|29||WACCNEN||VESTIBULED AC 3-TIER WITH END-ON–GENERATION|
|30||WCB||VESTIBULED PANTRY CAR|
|31||WSCZACEN||VESTIBULED AC CHAIR CAR WITH END-ON-GENERATION|
|32||WCD||VESTIBULED DINING CAR|
|33||WCRAC||VESTIBULED AIR CONDTIONED TWIN CAR|
|34||WCTAC||VESTIBULED AIR CONDITIONED TOURIST CAR|
|35||WFACEN||VESTIBULED AIR CONDITIONED FIRST CLASS WITH END ON
|36||WFC||VESTIBULED FIRST CLASS|
|37||WGACCN||VESTIBULED AIR CONDITIONED THREE
GENERATING ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
|38||WGACCW||VESTIBULED AIR CONDITIONED TWO
GENERATING ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
|39||WACCWEN||VESTIBULED AIR CONDITIONED TWO TIER SLEEPER WITH END
|40||WGFAC||VESTIBULED AIR CONDITIONED FIRST
GENERATING ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
|41||WGFACCW||VESTIBULED FIRST CUM AC 2-TIER SLEEPER|
|42||WGSCN||VESTIBULED SECOND CLASS THREE TIER SLEEPER WITH SELF
|43||WGSCNLR||VESTIBULED SECOND CLASS THREE TIER SLEEPER WITH
LUGGAGE AND BRAKE VAN
|44||WGSCZ||VESTIBULED SECOND CLASS CHAIR CAR WITH SELF
GENERATING ELECTRICAL EQUIPENT
|45||WGSCZAC||VESTIBULED SELF GENERATING SECOND AC CHAIR CAR|
|46||WGSD||VESTIBULED SECOND CLASS DOUBLE DECKER WITH SELF
GENERATING ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
|47||WLRRM||POWER CAR END-ON-GENERATION|
|48||WSCZACEN||VESTIBULED AIR CONDITIONED SECOND CLASS CHAIR CAR
WITH END ON GENERATION
|49||WSLRN||VESTIBULED SECOND CLASS, BRAKE CUM LUGGAGE AND