SKILL DEVELOPMENT OF STAFF AT YARD & SICKLINE
Sample query & Answer
- SAB ‘E’ dimension for BOXN wagon is 555 to 575mm
- When ‘E’ dimension of SAB decreases it signifies brake block worn, Worn out wheels, pins and bushes.
- Hot axle may be detected via visible statement in rolling in examination.
- Wheel discs are fitted on axles with shrunk match
- BOXN wagon SABs are with “A” dimension: 70mm
- CASNUB 22W(M) new wheel diameter is 1000mm
- Which is probably the most frequent purpose for Train parting on AAR coupler? Failure of Knuckles
- What is the operate of test valve with choke offered within the air brake system?
To allow move of air from the FP to the AR however not within the reverse route.
- In C3W distributor valve which sub-assembly helps in guide launch of brakes? Double launch valve.
- Twin Pipe Braking Helps in Reduces launch time
- During launch after full service utility in air brake wagon the brake ought to launch inside 60 seconds.
- What is the utmost strain within the brake cylinder when the motive force drops the BP strain by1.6 Kg/cm²? 8 Kg/Cm2
- What is the utmost wheel diameter of BOXN wagon fitted with CASNUB 22W retrofitted
- What is the Permissible variation in wheel diameter on the identical trolley and on the identical BOXN wagon? 13mm & 25mm
- In empty load gadget empty indication have color code yellow
- What is the gap between journal middle on CASNUB bogie? 2260mm
- What is the permissible flat floor on wheel tread of BOX “N” wagons as per the most recent
- What is the foundation radius when new for wheel turned to worn wheel profile? 14mm
- What is the revised torque worth for tightening finish locking screws fitted on CTRB of BOXN
wagon? 40 kg. Mt.
- What is indication for guaranteeing correct coupling of CBC throughout prepare examination?
19 mm clearance between toggle and coupler physique
- what wheel diameter discount Brake adjustment of CASNUB bogie is finished? 18mm
- In C3W distributor valve, via which sub meeting the management reservoir is charged ?
Cut off valve
- In KE distributor valve, via which sub meeting the auxiliary reservoir is charged?
- Which defect in C3W Distributor Valve causes brake binding ?
Main valve test valve broken.
- Which defect in KE kind of Distributor valve makes the cylinder In operative?
Main diaphragm perished or Quick launch valve leaking
- What is the Brake cylinder strain launch time from 3.8Kg/cm2 to 0.4 Kg/cm2 with single automotive take a look at rig as per IRCA Part IV? 15 to 20 seconds.
- . What is the drop in brake pipe strain throughout sensitivity take a look at with SCTR?
0.6 Kg/cm² in 6 Seconds
- What is the validity of Brake energy certificates of CC rake?
6000 Km. or 30 days which ever is earlier.
- Colour of vacuum brake BPC of products prepare? Pink
- Colour of Brake energy certificates of Air brake Goods prepare (End to End)? Green
- Minimum proportion of efficient brake cylinders on an intensively examined Air brake items prepare?90%
- Brake energy proportion of Air braked CC rake at originating station? 100%
- Minimum BP strain required in brake van of 58 BOXN wagons? 7 Kg/cm2
- Permissible leakage charge of air strain in items prepare as per G-97?25 kg/cm2/minute.
- Condemning restrict of composite brake block in items prepare? 10mm
- Piston stroke of a loaded BCN wagon? 130mm
- What is the permissible longitudinal clearance between aspect body and adapter on 22NLB
CASNUB bogies? 12 to 18mm
- Condemning peak of EM pad? 42mm
- Condemning peak of CC pad? 109mm
- How the middle pivot of CASNUB bogies is lubricated as per revised wagon guide?
Graphite flakes to IS-495
- Wear on brake block doesn’t disturb ‘A’ dimension of slack adjuster? True
- If a items prepare is stabled for greater than 24 hours the BPC turns into invalid.
- Beyond which temperature is the axle field thought of sizzling field? 80 levels C
- What is the total type of CORTON metal? Corrosion Resistant metal
- Under whom does NTXR work? IRCA
- Where is Rail Spring Karkhana situated? Gwalior
- What does an Air Flow indicator do? Indicates leakages of air strain
- What is the droppage of BP strain for full service brake utility on teaching prepare?
1.Zero to 1.5 Kg./Cm2.
- When pull rod is grazing on axle varieties the Notched axle.
- The distance between adjuster tube and the mark on the spindle in the direction of its finish is named ‘SAB’‘E’ dimension.
- GDR Check legitimate for 400Kms.
- If driver fails to log Kilometers, BPC of CC rake expires on 21st day from the date of
- Buffer peak max and min dimensions for wagons in the empty situation is 1105mm and
- Maximum wheel diameter of BLC Wagon 840mm
- What is the utmost BC strain in empty situation for BLC wagon 2Kg/cm2
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS.
- The ‘L’ kind composite brake block ought to be modified if worn out beyond-
(a) 10 mm (b) 15 mm (c) 20 mm (d) 22 mm
- The ‘K’ kind composite brake block ought to be modified, if worn out beyond-
(a) 10 mm (b) 12 mm (c) 20 mm (d) 22 mm
- Which one of many following valve in DV controls charging of CR?
(a) Main valve (b) Cut off valve (c) Quick service valve (d) Limiting gadget
- Control reservoir in air brake system is –
(a) To management FP strain (b) To management DV valve
(c) To management Brake system (d) None of the above
- Auxiliary reservoir is aiding in –
(a) Charging of DV (b) Charging of BP
(c) Sending air to BC (d) Charging of CR
- In air brake system, brake ought to apply when the speed of drop of air strain in BP is –
(a) 0.6 Okg/cm2/min in six sec (b) 0.3 Kg/cm2 in a single sec
(c) 0.4 Kg/cm2 in a single sec (d) 0.1 Kg/cm2 in a single sec
7.In air brake system, brake shouldn’t apply when the speed of drop of air strain in BP is –
(a) 0.3 Kg/cm2 in 60 sec (b) 0.4 Kg/cm2 in Four sec
(c) 0.5 Kg/cm2 in 30 sec (d) 0.8 Kg/cm2 in Eight sec
8.The operate of non-return valve utilized in air brake system is –
(a) To scale back BP (b) To stop move of air from AR to FP
(c) To stop CR to be charged (d) To stop move of air from CR to BP
- Which gear will not be charged, when DV is remoted
(a) Control reservoir and brake cylinder (b) Brake cylinder
(c) Control reservoir auxiliary reservoir (d) Auxiliary reservoir and brake cylinder
10 The vent gap is offered within the minimize off angle cock to (when angle cock is closed)
(a) Exhaust air strain of air hose into ambiance (b)The quantity of vacuum
(c) To arrest air strain from air hose (d) None of the above
- Permissible variation in new wheel tread diameter on the identical axle on BG bogie wagon is –
(a) 0.45 mm (b) 0.5 mm (c) 0.35 mm (d) 0.Three mm
12 Permissible variation in wheel tread diameter on the identical trolley of BG wagon whereas altering
the wheel is –
(a) 10 mm (b) 13 mm (c) 12 mm (d) 15 mm
13 Permissible variation in wheel tread diameter on the identical wagon of BG whereas altering the
wheel is –
(a) 13 mm (b) 25 mm (c) 30 mm (d) 28 mm
14 The composite Brake block in yard for air Bk. prepare ought to be modified when thickness is
(a) 10.Zero mm (b) 15.Zero mm (c) 20.Zero mm (d) 25.Zero mm
- Of which brake van the fast coupling is the part-
(a) BVZT (b) BVZX (c) BVZC (d) BVZM
- What is the size over Headstock of the BOXN wagon?
(a) 9774 mm (b) 9784 mm (c) 9777 mm (d) 9848 mm
- Tare weight of the BOXN wagon is –
(a) 22.37 tons. (b) 22.47 tons. (c) 22.91 tons. (d) 22.90 tons.
- What is the size over couplers of the BOXN wagon?
(a) 10713 mm (b) 10813 mm (c) 11002 mm (d) 10100 mm
- What is the size over couplers of the BCN wagon?
(a) 15400 mm (b) 15443 mm (c) 15429 mm (d) 15562 mm
- Gross load of the BOXN wagon is –
(a) 78.92 t (b) 81.28 T (c) 86.78 t (d) 88.81 t
- In accident guide, prepare parting is below –
(a) J class (b) Ok class (c) C class (d) P class
- Newly constructed BOXN wagon first POH periodicity is –
(a) 4.5 12 months (b) 5.5 12 months (c) 6.Zero 12 months (d) 6.5 12 months
23 Newly constructed BLC containers wagon first POH periodicity is –
(a) 4.5 12 months (b) 2.Zero 12 months (c) 6.Zero 12 months (d) 3.5 12 months
24 Board gauge monitor gauge is –
(a) 1676 mm (b) 1667 mm (c) 1698 mm (d) 1500 mm
25 POH of BG brake van is –
(a) 3.5 12 months (b) 2.Zero 12 months (c) 2.5 12 months (d) 3.Zero 12 months
26 Torque worth of Cartridge kind curler bearing cap screw is –
(a) 42.Zero kg-m. (b) 40.Zero kg-m. (c) 38.Zero kg-m. (d) 44.Zero kg-m.
- C- class ODC shall be moved throughout –
(a) Day mild (b) Day-night time
(c) Only night time time (d) None of the above
- In air brake system, the thread joints are tightened with which sort of tape?
(a) Cello tape (b) Teflon tape
(c) Paper tape (d) None of the above
- Instructions for inspection and upkeep of BOXN wagon fitted with CASNUB bogies and air
brake system, What RDSO’s technical pamphlet is used?
(a) G-90 (b) G-70 (c) G-97 (d) WT- 77
- Instructions for inspection and upkeep of CASNUB bogies, What RDSO’s technical
pamphlet is used?
- G-97 (b) G-86 (c) G-90 (d) G- 95
- As per new wagon numbering scheme, first two digits will indicate-
(a) Owning Railway (b) Type of wagon (c) Year of manufacture (d) Cheek digit
- What do you imply by PME?
(a) Pre medical examination (b) Pre upkeep examination
(c) Periodical upkeep examination (d) Power mechanical gear
- What do you imply by CC rakes?
(a) Content contact pad. (b) Close circuit rake
(c) Complete coal rake (d) All the above
- The minimal permissible buffer peak above rail line to middle of H/ Stock below loaded
situation is –
(a) 1105 mm (b) 1145 mm (c) 1115 mm (d) 1030 mm
- Standard diameter of knuckle pivot pin is –
(a) 50 mm (b) 43 mm (c) 41.28 mm (d) 34 mm
- Standard dimension of shank put on plate for AAR coupler is –
(a) 12 mm (b) Eight mm (c) 6 mm (d) 14 mm
- Standard dimension of distance between the nostril of Knuckle and guard arm is –
(a) 140 mm (b) 150 mm (c) 127 mm (d) 12 mm
- The most permissible free slack within the draft gear in service is –
(a) 35 mm (b) 30 mm (c) 25 mm (d) 20 mm
- No. of CBC gauge are –
(a) 5 (b) 8 (c) 12 (d) 2
- The excessive capability draft gears are –
(a) Mark -20 & RF-401 (b) Mark 50 & RF361
(c) CF 21& RF-600 (d) DF 39 & RF-21
- To Adjust buffer peak for 930 mm wheel diameter on BCN wagon besides CASNUB 22 W,
packing piece used is –
(a) 38 mm (b) 37 mm (c) 33 mm (d) 32 mm
- What kind of middle buffer coupler utilized in Indian Railway?
(a) APRT kind (b) AARP kind (c) AAR kind (d) ARPA kind
- The working energy of middle buffer coupler is –
(a) 100 t (b) 120 t (c) 140 t (d) 180 t
- The tractive effort of the Loco to the person wagons is transmitted with the assistance of –
(a) CBC (b) Draw gear (c) Knuckle (d) Side body
45.Clevis and Clevis pin are the a part of –
(a) Alliance- II coupler (b) Non- Transition coupler
(c) Transition coupler (d) Draw bar
- Standard diameters of wheel on BOXN Wagon is –
(a) 1010 & 900 mm (b) 1000 & 906 mm
(c) 950 & 906 mm (d) 906 & 813 mm
- The axle load of BOXN, BCN, BRN, BOBR, BTPN wagon is –
(a) 22.9 t (b) 20.32 t (c) 16.6 t (d) 12.2 t
- The wheel gauge ought to be measured on –
(a) Off load situation (b) Loaded wagon (c) Both situation (d) Empty wagon
- The lowest wheel dia permitted by workshop for BOXN wagon is –
(a) 919 mm (b) 906 mm (c) 925 mm (d) 860 mm
- In CTRB the grease use per Axle field is –
(a) 455 ±30 gms (b) 490±15 gms (c) 500±35 gms (d) 550±20 gms
- The condemning diameter of BTPN wheel is –
(a) 813 mm (b) 990 mm (c) 906 mm (d) 860 mm
- Permissible most flat floor on tread on different BG wagon are –
(a) 75 mm (b) 60 mm (c) 75 mm (d) 70 mm
- What is an built-in portion of the axle?
(a) Cap (b) Roller bearing
(c) Journal (d) None of the above
- Standard dimension ‘e’ in SAB on Goods inventory is –
(a)550 to 570 mm (b)555 to 575 mm
(c)570 to 580 mm (d)555 to 565 mm
- The color coding of distributor valve of air brake items inventory is –
(a) Yellow (b) Black (c) Green (d) White
- In air brake end-to finish rakes, After intensive examination validity of BPC stay as much as the –
(a) Next station (b) Loading level (c) Destination level (d) 72 Hours
- Control rod diameter of air brake wagon is –
(a) 30 mm (b) 32 mm (c) 38 mm (d) 40 mm
- Piston stroke of BOXN wagon in empty situations is –
(a) 85±10 mm (b) 70±15 mm (c) 75±5 mm (d) 80±10 mm
- Piston stroke of BOXN wagon in loaded situations is –
(a) 140±15 mm (b) 130±10 mm (c) 120±15 mm (d) 125±15 mm
- In air brake inventory, BPC turns into invalid, if the rake is stabled in any examination yard for extra
(a) 24 hours(48 hrs.if stabled at Andal yd.) (b) 36 hours (c) 48 hours (d) 12 hours
- Dirt collector of a wagon ought to be cleaned within-
(a) At the time of ROH (b) 2 month (c) 6 month (d) Three month
- What is the capability of management reservoir in items prepare?
(a) 4 Lit. (b) 6 Lit (c) 8 Lit. (d) 10 Lit.
- The BP strain in Brake Van of 56 -BOXN wagon load shouldn’t be lower than –
(a) 4.5kg/ Cm2 (b) 3.7 kg/ Cm2 (c) 4.Eight kg/ Cm2 (d) 5.8kg/ Cm2
- When we launch manually KE kind DV, the air strain launch kind –
(a) CR & AR (b) BC & AR (c) CR & BC (d) AR & DV
- The diameter of department pipe of BP to DV for wagon is –
(a) 25 mm (b) 20 mm (c) 13 mm (d) 22 mm
- ‘A’ dimension in Boxn wagon is –
(a) 70±20 mm (b) 172±Three mm (c) 175±Four mm (d) 175+1mm
- For testing Air strain locomotive the take a look at plate gap diameter is-
(a) 8.2 mm (b) 7.5 mm (c) 9.5 mm (d) 10 mm
- The diameter of air brake cylinder BOXN wagon is-
(a) 300 mm (b) 355 mm (c) 360 mm (d) 315 mm
- The diameter of air bake cylinder in BVZC (Wagon) is –
(a) 300 mm (b) 295 mm (c) 305 mm (d) 315 mm
- The capability of Auxiliary Reservoir (wagon) in air brake besides Bk.Van is-
(a) 200 litre (b) 100 litre (c) 300 litre (d) 150 litre
- In Single pipe system the time taken in releasing of the wagon brake is-
(a) 60 Sec. (b) 120 Sec. (c) 210 Sec. (d) 90 Sec.
- Distance between the management rod head and the barrel of SAB is called as –
(a) ‘E’ dimensions (b) ‘C’ dimension (c) ‘A’ dimension (d) “d” dimension
- The capability of compressor machine for air brake testing of rake is –
(a) 12-15 Kg/ Cm2 (b) 8-10 Kg/ Cm2 (c) 7-12 Kg/ Cm2 (d) 7-8 Kg/ Cm2
- At the originating level, minimal brake energy of premium end-to-end rake is –
(a) 85% (b) 95% (c) 90% (d) 98%
- The brake energy of CC rake from nodal level is –
(a) 90% (b) 100% (d) 85% (d) 75%
- Brake energy licensed issued for Premium end-to-end rakes will probably be legitimate for –
(a) 10+5 days (b) 12+Three days (c) 15+Three days (d) one month
- What is the operate of DC (Dirt collector)?
(a) Collect filth (b) Collect air (c) Clean air (d) Clean CR
- How a lot strain ought to drop in a minute after placing a take a look at plate in locomotive? (a) 0.8 Kg/ Cm2 (b) 1.0 Kg/ Cm2 (c) 1.2 Kg/ Cm2 (d) 1.5 Kg/ Cm2
- The colour for brake power certificate for Premium end-to-end rake is-
(a) Green (b) White (c) Pink (d) Yellow
- For testing DV the time required for brake cylinder draining from 3.8 to .04 kg/cm2 is –
(a) 30-40 sec (b) 40-50 sec (c) 45-60 sec (d) 50-75 sec
- What is the piston stroke of BVZC wagons?
(a) 50±10 mm (b) 70±10 mm (c) 85±10 mm (d) 90± 5 mm
- What is the empty piston stroke of BOBR/BOBRN wagon is –
(a) 70±10 mm (b) 75±10 mm (c) 80±10 mm (d) 100±10 mm
- ‘A’ dimension of the BOBRN wagon is –
(a) 29±2 0 mm (b) 27± 2 0 mm (c) 33± 2 mm (d) 25±5 mm
- What is the colour of BPC of air brake CC rake?
(a) Red (b) Pink (c) Green (d) Yellow
- Control rod of SAB when rotated for one round, control rod head moves by a distance of
(a) 6.0 mm (b) 4.0 mm (c) 2.0 mm (d) 1.0 mm
- In wagon, hand brake is used when –
(a) Standing in yard (b) Running in down gradient
(c) Running in up gradient (d) None of the above
- SAB adjust clearance between –
(a) Wheel and brake block (b) Tie Rod and Brake block
(c) Anchor pin to control rod (d) None of the above
- The M.R. pressure of engine should be-
(a) 6.0 to 8.0 Kg/ Cm2 (b) 8.0 to 10.0 Kg/ Cm2
(c) 10.0 to 12.0 Kg/ Cm2 (d) 12.0 to 15.0 Kg/ Cm2
- What do you mean of SWTR?
(a) Single wagon test rubber (b) Single wagon test rig
(c) Sliding wagon test ring (d) None of the above
- If C3W type DV is manually released, pressure is released from –
(a) AR (b) Control reservoir
(c) Brake cylinder (d) All above
- To uncouple BP or FP air hose it is essential to
(a) Open adjacent angle cock (b) Close adjacent angle cocks
(c) Close supply of air from loco (d) None of the above
- The Empty Load Device indicator plate shows –
(a) Yellow empty, black loaded (b) Blue empty, black loaded
(c) White empty, black loaded (d) black empty, blue loaded
- The first step of releasing brake binding in conventional A/B system is to –
(a) Open vent plug of BC (b) Rotate SAB
(c) Take out pin of SAB (d) Isolate DV & release manually.
- The Type of dirt collector, used in wagon is –
(a) 2-way (b) 3-way
(c) Branch pipe of BP to DV (d) In BP
- The function of Return spring provided in air brake cylinder is –
(a) To push the spring out side the piston
(b) To push the piston inside the cylinder
(c) To push the deed lever (d) To push the control rod
- Standard thickness of UIC/CASNUB bogies composite brake block is-
(a) 60 mm (b) 45 mm (c) 55 mm (d) 58 mm
- How many side frame fitted in CASNUB trolley / bogie?
(a) 2 (b) 1 (c) 3 (d) Nil
- What is the axle load of CASNUB trolley?
(a) 19.2 ton (b) 22.9 ton (c) 20.3 ton. (d) 20.9 ton
- What is the new wheel diameter CASNUB 22 w (Retrofitted)?
(a) 1000 mm (b) 960 mm (c) 956 mm (d) 946 mm
- What type of pivot used in CASNUB 22WM, 22NL and other type of CASNUB trolley?
(a) IRS type (b) Spherical type (c) other type
- What is the nominal leteral clearance between side frame & axle box/adopter Casnub 22NL,
22NLB, 22HS bogie?
(a) 18 mm (b) 16 mm (c) 22 mm (d) 25 mm
- What is the standard inclination on wheel tread?
(a) 1 in 20 (b) 1 in 22 (c) 1 in 18 (d) 1 in 25
- How many types of adopters used in CASNUB trolley?
(a) 2 (b) 1 (c) 3 (d) 4
- Condemning size of elastomeric pad for Casnub bogie is –
(a) 44 mm (b) 43 mm (c) 42 mm (d) 40 mm
- Nominal dimension of side bearer rubber pad for Casnub bogie is –
(a) 114 mm (b) 116 mm (c) 118 mm (d) 120 mm
- Condemning size of side bearer rubber pad for Casnub bogie is –
(a) 111 mm (b) 110 mm (c) 109 mm (d) 108 mm
- What type of side bearers fitted in CASNUB 22HS trolley?
(a) Metal CC type (b) Spring loaded CC type side bearer & PU type
(c) Roller type (d) none of the above
- Which types of steel are used in side frame column friction plates of Casnub bogie?
(a) Mild steel (b) Carbon steel
© Silico manganese steel (d) None of the above
- What is the standard inclination on wheel flange?
(a) 1 in 5 (b) 1 in 2.5 (c) 1 in 10 (d) 1 in 20
- Pay load of BTPN tank wagon is –
(a) 58.88 tons (b) 54.28 tons (c) 55.80 tons (d) 52.3 tons
2 .Axle load of BTPN tank wagon is –
(a) 20.32 tons (b) 22.35 tons (c) 21.35 tons (d) 25.22 tons
- Cleaning of bitumen barrel is carried out with –
(a) Kerosene oil (b) patrol (c) ledium (d) None of the above
- Name the type of coupling used in BLC wagon?
(a) CBC & Slack Less Drawbar (b) HT CBC
(c) Screw coupling (d) Slackness drew bars
- Barrel length of BTPN tank wagon is –
(a) 11460 mm (b) 11550 mm (c) 11458 mm (d) 12100 mm
- Barrel diameter of BTPN tank wagon is –
(a) 2860 mm (b) 2850 mm (c) 2840 mm (d) 2830 mm
- The mechanical code of bogie Petrol tank wagon fitted with pneumatic brake is –
(a) BTPN (b) LBM (c) LBM (d) LCT
- The mechanical code of caustic soda tank wagon is –
(a) CTB & CTBS (b) TCS & BTCS (c) THA & BTCS (d) TCS& MBTS
- Codal life of Tank wagon is –
(a) 35 year (b) 45 year (c) 50 year (d) 25 year
10 In the tank wagon, close the vapour extractor cock after –
(a) Un loading (b) Loading (c) Running (d) None of the above
11 Working pressure of BTPN safety valve is –
(a) 1.4 Kg/cm2 (b) 4.1 Kg/cm2 (c) 2.1 Kg/cm2 (d) 1.2 Kg/cm2
12 Interval of ROH in BTPN tank wagon is –
(a) 16 month (b) 20 month
(c) 18 month (d) 24 month
13 Cleaning of H2SO4 tank wagon is carried out with –
(a) Lithium phosphate (b) Sodium phosphate
(c) Bromide phosphate (d) None of the above
14 Air tightens test pressure of master valve is –
(a) 0.35 to .056 kg/ Cm2 (b) 0.45 to 0.65 kg/ Cm2
(c) 0.65 to 0.75 kg/ Cm2 (d) None of the above
15 What is the location of safety valves fitted in liquefied petroleum gas tank wagon?
(a) Inside dome (b) Outside dome
(c) Outside on barrel (d) None of the above
16 Condemning limit of BLC wheel set is –
(a) 900 mm (b) 800 mm (c) 670 mm (d) 780 mm
17 For lifting the container, force required to lift the container on automatic twist lock is-
(a) 1050 Kg (b) 1000 Kg (c) 1100 Kg (d) 11590 Kg
18 In place of empty load box what device is used in BLC wagon?
(a) BSD (b) LSD (c) SDF (d) SAB
19 What is the material specification of BLC wagon trolley?
(a) Cast steel (b) Low cast steel (c) Steel (d) Micro steel
20 Length of over Slack less draw bar for B-car of BLC wagon is –
(a) 14566 mm (b) 13156 mm (c) 12212 mm (d) 14763 mm
- The standard height of platform for BLC wagon from Rail level is –
(a) 1010 mm (b) 1015 mm (c) 1009 mm (d) 1100 mm
22 The axle load capacity of BLC wagon is –
(a) 20.10 ton. (b) 20.32 ton. (c) 21.10 ton. (d) 23.10 ton.
23 The tare weight of A-car of BLC wagon is –
(a) 21.20 ton. (b) 19.10 ton. (c) 19.80 ton. (d) 20.22 ton.
24 The tare weight of B- car of BLC wagon is –
(a) 18.10 ton. (b) 19.10 ton. (c) 19.80 ton. (d) 20.20 ton.
25 Length of over Headstock to Headstock for A-car of BLC wagon is –
(a) 13650 mm (b) 13625 mm (c) 13555 mm (d) 13365 mm
26 In BLC wagon, height of slackness drowbar system from Rail level is –
(a) 890 mm (b) 848 mm (c) 845 mm (d) 910 mm
27 How many automatic twist locks used in BLC wagon?
(a) 6 (b) 8 (c) 10 (d) 12
28 Rake carrying capacity of the BLC wagon is –
(a) 40 wagons (b) 45 wagons (c) 40 wagons (d) 48 wagons
29 Which type of side bearer arrangement used in BLC trolley?
(a) Elestromatic (b) constant contact type(c) Spring loaded side bearer and PU pad (d) None of the above
30 Which type of trolley used in BLC wagon?
(a) UIC trolley (b) Cast steel bogie type LCCF 20 (C) (c) IRS trolley (d) Diamond frame trolley
31 For automatic locking & for lifting of automatic twist lock how much force is Kg required,
(a) 600 & 1000 Kg (b) 800 & 1200 Kg
(c) 1000 & 500 Kg (d) 500 & 1350 Kg
32 What type of roller bearing used in BLC wagon?
(a) Cartage type (b) tapered two-row cartridge roller bearing
(c) Sparical type (d) plan bearing
33 What is the loading capacity of containers in BLC wagon
(a) Two 20′ or one 40′ (b) Two 22′ or one 45′
(c) Three 15′ or two 20 ‘ (d) Two 20′ or one 45’
ART – Accident Relief Train
AAR – Association of American rail road
ACD – Anti collision device
ADD – Auto driving device
AITUC – All India trade unions congress
BOLT – Built operate lease transfer
BOOT – Built operate own transfer
BOT – Built operate transfer
BIS – Bereau of Indian standards
CTRB – Catridge Tapered Roller Bearing
COFMOW – Central Organization for Modernization of
CONCERT – Countrywide Online Networking computer enhanced Reservation and Ticking
CRIS – Centre for Railway Information System
CCRS – Chief Commissioner of Railway Safety
CRS – Commissioner of Railway Safety
CWR – Continuous Welded Rail
CONCOR – Container Corporation of India Ltd.
COIS – Coaching Operations Information System
COEA – Cabinet committee on Economic affairs
CORE – Central organization of Railway electrification
CPM – Critical Path method
CRA – Central record keeping agency
C-TRAM – Centre for Transportation Research and Management.
CMS – Crew Management System or Chief Medical Superintendent
C-TARA – Centralised Training Academy for Railway Accounts
DMRC – Delhi Metro Railway Corporation
DHRC – Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Society
DRF – Depreciation Reserve funds
DF – Development fund
EOL – Engine on Load
EBD – Emergency Braking distance
FOIS – Freight operated Information system
FWP – Final works program
PWP – Preliminary works program
LSWP – Lump sum works program
GSM-R – Global system mobile – Relays
GPS – Global positioning system.
GTR – Gross Traffic Receipt
HOER – Hours of Employment regulation
HRD – Hydraulic Rescue Device/ Human Resource
HDPE – High Densile Poly Ethylene
IBRD – International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
IRCTC – Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation
IVRS – Interactive Voice Response System
CAMTECH – Centre for Advanced Maintenance Technology
ICF -Integral Coach Factory
ICBM – Inter continental ballistic missiles.
IRT – Institute of Rail Transport
IRCA – Indian Railway Conference Association
IRWO – Indian Railway welfare organisation
IRWWO – Indian Railway Women welfare organization
ITES – Integrated Train Enquiry System
IRFC – Indian Railway Finance corporation
IRICEN – Indian Railway Institute of Civil Engineering
IRISET – Indian Railway Institute of Signal Engineering and Telecommunication
ISKCON – International society for krishna Conscious
IRIMEE – Indian Railway Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
IRIEE – Indian Railway Institute of Electrical Engineering
IRMP – Integrated Railway Modernisation Plan
ISMD – Infringing standard moving dimensions.
MMD – Maximum Moving Dimensions.
JCM – Joint Consultative Machinary
KRCL – Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd.
LWR – Long weld rail
LLE – Life line express
LSD – Load sensing decvice
LAW – List of approved works
LVCD – Last vehicle check device
MEMU – Main line electrical multiple unit
MTRC – Mobile train radio communication
MRVC – Mumbai Rail vikas corporation
MMTS – Multi modal Transport system
MRTS – Mass rapid transport system
MMU – Mobile maintenance units
MHALFC – Multimodal high axle load freight corridor
NTES – National Train enquiry system
NRVY – National Rail vikas yojana
NASDAQ – National association for stock dealer and quotes
OYWS – Own your wagon scheme
PSLV – Polar satellite launching vehicle
PERT – Programme evaluation review technique
POET – Passenger operated enquiry terminal
PQRS – Placer quick relaying system
PRCL – Pipavan Railway corporation Ltd.
RADAR – Radio detection and ranging
RCRV – Rail cum road vehicle
RAILS – Railway analysis and interactive line simulator
RRB – Railway Recruitment Board
RRC – Railway reforms committee
RLDA – Rail land development authority
RRT – Railway rates tribunal
RSRC – Railway safety review committee
RFFC – Railway freight and fare committee
SRSF – Special railway safety fund
SSI – Solid state interlocking
SWR – Short welded rail
SPTM – Self printing ticketing machine
SPAD – Signal passed at Danger
SPART – Self propelled Accident Relief Train
SAARC – South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation
SIEGRM – Single window integrated grievances Redressal machinery
SEJ – Switch expansion joint.
TOT – Transfer of Technology
TPWS – Train protection and warning system
TAWD – Train activated warning device
USFD – Ultrasonic flaw detector
TTM – Track tamping machine
UTS – Un reserved ticketing system
UHDMWPE – Ultra high density molecular weight poly ethylene
WIS – Wagon investment scheme
WILD – Wheel impact load detector
BLC -Bogie low height container flat wagon.
BWL -Bogie well wagon
CLW -Chittranjan locomotive works.
CPB -Common pipe bracket
CRB -Chairman Railway board
D&AR -Discipline and appeal Rules.
DLW -Diesel locomotive works
DMRC -Delhi metro rail corporation Ltd.
DCW -Diesel component works
HSD -High speed diesel.
IRCON -Indian railway construction corporation Ltd.
LHB -Link Halfman Boseh
ODC -Over dimensional consignment.
RCF -Rail coach factory.
RITES -Rail India technical and economy services Ltd.
RSC -Railway staff college.
RWF -Rail wheel Factory.
WWP -Worn wheel profile